*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536003-A-Dragon-Hunters--Morning
by Ledan
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1536003
Felt like writing, wrote this. Gonna write more, tell me what u think of intro.
"Itttt'zzz your Favorite DJ Black Dog here, and it's 7 AM! Time for all you lazy ass dogs to wake up!"
Daniel grumbled, rolled out of the sofa and promptly fell on the floor. There he lay with a bottle in his hand until the blast from the speaker next to him woke him up.

The man stood up and let the beer bottle fall out of his hand as he walked out of his tiny bedroom. He entered the kitchen with only one thought on his mind. Coffee. He walked around like a zombie, ignoring what fell of the kitchen counter as he searched for the coffee powder. Which was why he failed to notice an envelope falling off. After much searching, he finally managed to procure a can of coffee and to chug most of it into the coffee machine. For the next several minutes there was nothing but the hum of the coffee machine.

Finally, when Daniel had gotten his coffee and made some toast he woke up. Unfortunately, this happened just as he had a mouthful of scolding hot coffee in his mouth which he proceeded to spit out of his mouth with an agonizing scream. He scrambled for the butter to put something soothing into his mouth, but once he had scooped the butter into his mouth he realized that it was at least a couple of months old.

After having thrown up, cleaned his mouth with water, scolded his mouth again with the coffee, and drinking more water that Daniel finally managed to seat himself down to enjoy the remainder of his breakfast. Then, after gotten halfway through his toast with egg and bacon (he never knew what he was going to cook for himself), he noticed the envelope on the dirty floor. His chewing slowed down to a munch as he eyed the ominous envelope. It looked quite innocent, it's brown paper exterior but he knew not what it contained.

He put the toast back on the plate, and reached down to grab the letter. He put it next to the plate and stared at it with his pale blue eyes. Then, after seemingly much consideration, he grabbed the envelope and opened it. The brown paper ripped easily, and when he turned it upside down a few things fell out. A wad of cash, a USB stick, and a black bottle that looked as if it contained some king of pill.

Had it been any other man, they would have been quite surprised at the sudden surprise money. Daniel however, he knew what it meant. That he had to go to work. There was another Dragon on the loose, and Dragon Hunter Daniel was the only one who could slay it. Right after he had finished his coffee.
© Copyright 2009 Ledan (ledan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536003-A-Dragon-Hunters--Morning