*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537890-my-story-part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1537890
sometimes ,you have to write things dow nto figure them out.
“Have you ever heard of the band McFly?” Abby said as we made our way down the steps to the cafeteria.

“No, I don’t really listen to bands that much, I mostly stick with Jesse McCartney and Kelly Clarkson” I answered, taking my seat next to Kim at a table occupied by the three of us and four seniors I knew from drama club.

“Well if you want I’ll give you a copy of their cd’s, I really think you’d like them! They’re from England and have the cutest accents and, oh my God, the guitar player Danny is gorgeous!”

“Haha, yeah sure I listen to ‘em”

“So have you got your songs memorized for the show yet?” Sammy, a flamboyant senior at my table said sliding down the bench to me.

“Um not entirely why?” I played Ronette, a street Urchin, in this years production of “Little Shop of Horrors”, Sammy was the student director.

“Um sweetie, no scripts allowed on stage today, come on girl get yourself together! You best have them memorized by practice today!”

“Oh yeah don’t worry I will be!” I actually had yet to even look at my script, which was lying someone in my gym locker.

I finished lunch early and sprinted to my gym locker where I furiously began studying my lines and songs for the show. I took the script with me to my next few periods still never breaking concentration from the pages, until I was called to the office for some books my mom had dropped off for me. Downtown where the folks are broke you go downtown where your life’s a joke you go downtown where you buy your token you go, down to skid row, wait down to, or home to skid row, blast! Come on jazz think I said to myself walking back to my classroom, hm, I think its home to, yeah that’s right it’s–“Ooh!” I ended up rounding a corner and walking right into someone knocking my books on the floor. “Oh I’m really sorry” I said bending down to pick up my books, to embarrassed to see who I’d run into.

“Haha, don’t worry about it!” my heart skipped a beat, I knew that voice. He knelt on the floor to help me when I finally had the courage to meet his eyes, or at least what I could see of them, his hair was sort of in the way. I then found myself face to face with none other than Travis Lynn.

“Sorry I’m such a mess” I said as he helped me up.

“No worries, I can be a bit clumsy myself” he smiled a crooked smile I’d seen a few times before, but it was never directed towards me, until now.

“Well thanks a lot, um Travis right?” I pretended not to be sure of his name...little did he know it’d been going around in my head for months now.

“Yeah, hey your going to the winter choir concert tonight right?” he said brushing his long hair out of his eyes.

“Oh is that really tonight? Uh, yeah I guess”

“Word, I guess I’ll see then, later Jazzie”

“Bye” he knows my name, oh my god Travis Lynn knows my name. Suddenly the pressures of knowing my lines for the show had been lifted.

I spent the rest of the day arguing with myself about how I should take Krysta’s warning and stay away from Travis but for some reason this infatuation with him just would not go away.

When school had ended I headed to drama club, my new way to waste time instead of field hockey, and managed to get through most of it without Sammy’s whiney voice complaining at me. After singing, “little shop, little shop of horrors” what seemed like ten thousand times we were finally allowed to head home and get ready for the winter concert.

Abby brought her McFly cd to drama so when I got home I uploaded it on to itunes. Turned out they weren’t half bad, actually, they were pretty amazing! I normally didn’t listen to stuff like this but their music was great! Some songs made you want to dance, others made you want to cry, some of them made you want to laugh and sing. I immediately googled them to see what the looked like, as a self-proclaimed shallow person I don’t have a problem admitting looks are somewhat important when it came to a band. Danny, the guitarist/singer Abby had talked about was very cute, wavy black hair and heavy Bolton accent. Then their was Tom, a semi-heavy-set blonde with a cute smile and one dimple who also played guitar and sang, Harry, the drummer who had more haircuts in a year then most people do in their lives, and finally Dougie. A young bass player with purple hair and a lip ring. As a girl who had always crushed on jocks and preps I found it a bit odd that he stood out the most to me, but wow, did I find him attractive. I did some research to find out some of his favorite things, Blink-182, lords of dogtown, skateborading and Hurley and DC. I decided I’d do some extensive research into these topics later, as for now I had to get ready for the concert.



The concert started, I searched around for Travis but couldn’t seem to find that mop of curly hair anywhere. I figured maybe he was sick or something. A little depressed, I went back to singing some french song about cows.

Before that last song Mrs. Gaines, the choir teacher, announced to the audience of parents and siblings, that a student would be accompanying the choir on the violin. A boy with short brown hair, little loop earrings, and the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen in my entire life stepped of the risers and picked up the violin.

As the choir started singing, he started playing.

I whispered to Mimi, who was fortunately standing next to me,"Who is that?"

"Jazz" she said looking surprised, "That’s Travis".

I'm not sure if I believe in love at first sight. But love at second sight, that’s definitely a possibility.
© Copyright 2009 17 without a purpose (liveformusic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537890-my-story-part-3