*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537982-No-control
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Other · #1537982
a free write no style poem
A poem from the heart

I do not know yet what I will write,

I simply feel a line of symmetry,

That flows from within and out of the pen.

I do not see what the ink inscribes,

I can not find the sense in it,

But as the words form sentences I start to see.

But I do not know what it will be like,

Or were it will go,

I only write one word at a time,

And often, the outcome, is beautiful.

The over powerful resonance of the world,

Speaks through hap stance and chance and change.

There isn’t really and sense or use in understanding the future,

Just as there isn’t much use in understanding the past.

If people stopped questioning how we got here,

And started thinking about what they are going to do with it,

Since after all, we are here, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Why can’t everyone just do good to one another?

Why must we hurt each other?

Why must we put our needs before the needs of others, when it makes people feel good to do good?

It’s a backwards type of thinking. Like smoking a cigarette.

Before you start the smoke, you crave it.

You want it and you want it right now,

But the whole time you are smoking it,

You choke on the smoke.

It hurts, and yet you continue smoking it, even though you do not like the way it feels.

It’s masochistic and moronic.

When we do bad, we feel bad. Everyone does.

So why is it that we feel the urgent need to be first? Why do we always rush around and not take into account the countless people who see us every day, and their perspective of this world.

We are innately gifted with the knowledge of good and evil,

Whether we choose to use this gift is a personal choice.

But every little boy knows what he is doing when he misbehaves, as does every grown person.

We mock life as much as we can. And throw our fists in the air when we want something.

It’s funny, but the older we get, the smaller our mind gets, until we reach the age when we are done remembering, and we simply tell everyone that we don’t remember who they are.

We allow thousands of government funded deaths every year. Not just in prisons, but in our own homes. Abortion has stolen the would be lives of thousands of children. Those lives that could have solved AIDS or cancer or world peace, but we have allowed more deaths than heaven will allow I believe. We have a lost generation of our own simply because we want to control our destiny.

But I tell you this.

There is, no control.
© Copyright 2009 Rotrok Ombo (mark_weisbruch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537982-No-control