*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540313-Chp-5-Lucy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Comedy · #1540313
A grave experience gives Lucy a new look on life.
"Who dat breakin glass outside my winda?" Lucy jumped up and asked her daughter as she stormed inside.

"None of your business mom!" said Stacey, heading straight to her room.

"Don't chu talk to me that way girl!" Lucy screamed back at her.

The house smelled like beer and wet carpet.

There were clothes all over the floor and the television in the living room was at it's maximum volume.

Lucy's boyfriend Jim had his shirt and socks off with a beer in his hand, dancing to some song in spanish.

No one in that house spoke or understood spanish, but for some reason they loved that channel.

"Stacey! I said Stacey!" Lucy yelled at the top of her lungs trying to get her daughter out of the room.

She would go and get her herself but there's an interesting reason why she'd rather yell.

"Jim! Damnit! I Said Jim!" Jim was steady shaking his bottom to the sounds of Salsa.

"What is it woman! Can't you see i'm enjoying my... I'm enjoying myself over here!"

He did a quick spin trying to avoid his pet lizard and feel to the ground in a pile of beer cans, all freshly drank.

"Jim I need some drank!"

"Well than go get you some lil' lady!"

"You fool, my toes broke!" Lucy yelled at Jim, limping over to grab her crutches.

Stacey came from out her room to get some Juice from the fridge.

"Will you guys turn that shit down! What the Hell!" Screamed Stacey.

"Stacey! I need you to run me to the store so I can by me a drank!"

"I'm not running you nowhere! You don't need no drink momma!"

"I want a drank Stacey, now just run me to the dang store!"

"Drive your own dang self!" Stacey said, pouring herself some prune juice, the only thing in the fridge.

"You know my toes broke!"Lucy said grabbing the crutch.

"Well ain't nobody tell you to try and steal no refridgerator from Sears on Saturday in broad daylight! It's good it feel on your toes!" Stacey said walking over and turning down the television volume.

"Whatchu doin girl?" asked Jim, as he began to laugh about God knows what.

Lucy limped across the room to get her other crutch.

Jim looked up at her orange hair and began laughing hysterically.

The short chubby woman seemed to be having a difficult time on those broken toes. Stacey finished her juice and began to head back to her room. "Stacey!" Yelled her mother, followed by a loud slamming of a bedroom door.

"Well Hell! I guess I gotta catch a cab then!" Said Lucy dialing the local cab agency.

She placed her finger on the spin dial and began spinning the cabs number she knew by heart.

After confirming her pick-up, she hung up and crept over to her recliner as she waited for the cab. She looked down at Jim and held her hand to her head. "I gotta do better than this" she thought to herself. She looked over and realized Jim's pet cage was open. After a long arguement, Jim convinced her to let him keep his pet snake and lizard there as long as they were caged. Lucy hated the damn things and had a great fear of snakes.

But they had a different opinion of her. They wanted to get quite close...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Yelled Lucy, jumping out of the recliner and trying to run away, only to remember she had 10 broken toes. The lizard made it's way onto the old gray recliner and jumped on Lucy's shoulder.

"OWWWWW!!!!!!" She crashed to the floor as Jim stared on laughing and crying in a drunken stupor.

"Jim! You asshole!" she cried.

Suddenly she felt the crawling of a slithery creature make it's way up her leg.

She immediately froze in fear and looked over in Jim's direction.

"Jim" she whispered. "If you don't get this God Damn snake from off my leg, i'm gonna take this crutch and bash you across the head I promise".

Jim looked at her and began laughing once more as he passed out on the beer cans.

"Stacey!" Yelled Lucy looking down at the snake crawling up her leg.

"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God..." she whispered to herself in absolute terror. She was to involved in her fear to realize her face had landed in Jims dirty socks and underwear.

"Stacey! Stacey! Staceyyyyy!" Lucy cried. The young girl stormed out of her room to see what all the fuss was about.

"What momma!" She looked down and saw the woman with an expression on her face that was priceless.

"Ah ha ha haha!!!!" Stacey began to laugh as she bent down to grab the snake from her mothers leg.

She paused before grabbing it and stood up and ran to grab her camera.

"This isn't funny Stacey!" Lucy said trembling at the feeling of the snake still on her.

The room suddenly became filled with 3 flashes of light .

"Say cheese!" Laughed Stacey as she snapped 3 more photos.

She approached her mother and grabbed the snake from her leg and put it back in Jim's homemade cage for the lizard and snake.

"Beep Beep!" cried the cab as the driver pulled up to the driveway.

Lucy laid on the ground and wondered if she wanted to go to the store or not.

She was still shoken from the horrible ordeal she just experienced.

Stacey tried to help her up only to be pushed away by the woman.

"I don't need your dang help!" cried Lucy.

Stacey, still laughing shrugged her shoulders and walked back into her room.

Lucy laid on the ground and slumped into depression.

"I need to do better than this" Lucy thought to herself as she looked around her disorganized home.

The cab beeped once more, but she made no effort to move.

" I got to do better than this" she thought again to herself looking over at her passed out boyfriend.

She grabbed her crutch to get up but was overtaken by self pity.

She threw the crutch across the room and laid on the ground and began to cry. "I got to do better than this..."



© Copyright 2009 DebaucheryDivine (debauchery1776 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540313-Chp-5-Lucy