*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540532-A-BAD-OMEN
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1540532
Written for the "Write a story in 150 words Contest."
Write a story in 150 words?

“There, it’s finished,” whispered Bear, reaching up to take Baby Bear. Antelope handed the baby to him and he placed him gently onto the makeshift raft. Her teary eyes were tortured as Bear pushed the frail raft out into the strong river current.
“He will live to avenge us.” Bear watched the tears flow from Antelope’s eyes. “Eagle will make him strong and brave.”
Behind her he saw their Blackfoot enemies surrounding them with their war clubs raised for the kill. No one had seen the raft - Baby Bear would be safe.
In minutes the one-sided battle was over. Bear and Antelope lay in silent death on the bloody banks of the mighty river, unusual smiles on their faces.
The Blackfoot War Chief could not understand their happy look. No one welcomed death with a smile. He watched as Eagle soared out over the river. “What was Eagle protecting?”


Word count - 150
© Copyright 2009 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540532-A-BAD-OMEN