*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542426-Blessed
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1542426
a brief poetic writing about a special someone.
Were you the wind my love I might better hear your playful laugh.

Were you the ocean my dear I might better feel you crash against my cold stony heart.

Were you the flame my sweet I might better see your brilliant radiance through my clouds of doubt.

Were you the earth my friend I might better sleep at your side without waking alone in the dark.



Were you all that you are and more I might better understand why I am so blessed. For I cannot begin to comprehend why or how you have come to choose me. Cannot begin to express my joy and utter sorrow at your mysterious choice. Cannot weep, nor moan, nor shout, nor bleed enough to show the depth of my soul's longing for your touch.



Were I the wind you might never need see me.

Were I the ocean you might avoid my thunderous waves.

Were I the flame you might stray from being burned.

Were I the earth you might walk upon me and never know.



As it were, we are only what we were born to be. Imperfect and stumbling about in the dark searching for one another. As it were I am still stumbling in the dark, searching for you...my bright flame, my crashing ocean, my blowing wind, my comforting earth. My Sarah.
© Copyright 2009 poemebbe (mebbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542426-Blessed