*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543870-A-Perfect-World-Part-1
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1543870
A teen coma patient creates a fictitious world inside his mind to pass the time.
         Muffled sounds of ear-splitting sirens barely reached Max’s dimming consciousness. Men in white shirts laid him on a long, white bed. His short black hair was missing in parts of his scalp and blood caked and clumped the rest. He could hear his mom’s worried cries as they rolled him away across the pavement, glass and bits of metal crunching beneath them. Suddenly, they came to a stop behind a white van. Turning his head, he saw shiny metal cabinets inside with objects covering them.
         All of a sudden, everything started to blur around him. He felt like he was sinking beneath an ocean, sinking into the dark, abysmal depths below, the light at the top becoming dimmer and dimmer. His ruby red eyes started to glaze over as he sank deeper and deeper below. The last thing he heard were people yelling at each other, “We’re losing him! Give me the paddles! Clear!” Then he opened his eyes.
         “It’s okay Ms.Collins. We managed to bring him back. Max is in the ICU in a critical, but stable condition”, Dr. Smith stated. Max’s mother was relieved to hear this wonderful news, her red eyes tearing up with joy, (red colored eyes were a family trait passed down Max’s mother’s side of the family, but none of them were albino). Sighing uncomfortably, the doctor went on.
         “Unfortunately, he is in coma for the time being. We’re not sure at this time for how long. He could snap out of it once he gets better. Or…” his voice trials off, not wanting to say what they both knew could happen. Ms. Collins brightly lit face dimmed into worry. She sat down and her long blonde hair hangs down as she laid her face in her hands. Dr. Smith nodded sympathetically and walked off to the nurse’s station.
         Max was in a coma alright, but he was awake as you could ever be inside of his mind. He figured since he couldn’t move nor speak, or open his eyes what had happened to him. Watching a lot of hospital shows helped give him a general idea, (who said television never taught you anything?). Worrying about how he was going to survive in this state without eventually going completely insane, an idea suddenly hit him with the force of hurricane. It was perfect, and in this state, his mind and mental power felt stronger than ever before. Was it the same principal that applies when you lose one of the senses, the others become stronger? Who knows if that was the case? He didn’t really care.
         His idea was brilliant. It was ingenious, absolutely ingenious. He was going to create a world where the impossible is possible and the possible is still…possible. Where nothing could harm him or cause him pain. There would be no worries. He would create a Perfect World.
© Copyright 2009 FutureNovelist (novelist13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543870-A-Perfect-World-Part-1