*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544227-Why-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1544227
Why would they do this to me?
Why would Jessie, my best friend, to this to me? Why would Nathan, my ex-boyfriend but still my friend do this to me? And why would they do this to each other?

I'm getting ahead of myself.

It was only 5 months ago. It was a Tuesday in French class, a week before Halloween. Jessie and Sasha were passing notes. They were giggling more than usual and kept looking at me, just to turn to the other and giggle some more. When I asked what they were writing about, Sasha said, "Nothing." But there was a guilty look on Jessie's face that told me they were definatley writing about something. And the secrecy told me it must be about me. I picked up the note and they surrendered.

"OMG she obviously likes him," it said in what could only be Jessie's hand writing.
"Duh, do you see the way she looks at him? It's so obvious!" Sasha had written back.
"Should we tell him?"
"Nah, he'll figure it out, Nathan's a smart guy"
"But what if he doesn't?"
"Then we get Marina to tell him"
"She''ll never admit it. she probably won't even tell us. We should tell him."

I looked up from the note. They were looking at me with those stupid, know-eveything smiles that said that no matter what I did, they were not going to let this go. I took a quick look at the back of Nathan's head. He had the most amazingly blonde hair that curled right at the base of his neck. His hair, and his althletic body made him look like a surfer. Clearly, I wasn't as good at hiding my crush as I'd thought. If Sasha and Jessie had figured out how I felt, was it possible that Nathan had too?

Maybe not. Jessie knew me better than anyone else, so she would obviously pick up on something like this. Her black rimmed eyes stared right through me when I looked back at her.

"When have I ever said that out loud?"
"HA! A confession!"
"Shut up, Sasha. Am I that obvious, Jessie?" I asked her.
"Actually, you are," said an alarmingly deeper voice. I felt my cheeks turn red.
Nathan had spun around in his seat and was loking directly at me. How would he know what we were talking about? I looked at the peice of paper he was holding.

I made up my mind right then that I would never speak to Jessie again.
© Copyright 2009 Andylee (andylee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544227-Why-chapter-1