*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544960-Looking-in-the-mirror
by simana
Rated: E · Monologue · Parenting · #1544960
Looking in the mirror
So I keep wondering when my daughter and I will actually have any semblance of what I believe to be a reasonably sound mother and daughter relationship.  You know, endearing, loving, thick as theives blah blah blah.  Ok, so it does not even fit with my character.  Is it that odd for me to still idealize?  She must be a little too much like the person I see in the mirror every morning.  Yes, that selfish, uptight, mistrusting, super analytical hermit looking at me through my eyes.  Were it not for that self- recognition, I would probably already have her enrolled in some psychiatric evaluation program. Unfortunately for her, the fruit has not fallen far from the tree and so, like her often well-intentioned but seldom understood mother, she must find a way to cope with the very existence of beings who do not comply with her modus operandi. 
© Copyright 2009 simana (aguihay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544960-Looking-in-the-mirror