*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546784-Rebirth-of-Innocence---PROLOGUE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Daath
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1546784
The rebirth of Death. The night when it all began - PROLOGUE
PROLOGUE

In the deepest depths of a deathly cavern, the very same cavern that Death created to conquer the world and rule it with his iron fist, a ritual to free Death himself is commencing. In the middle of the cavern, sat an altar, where a young priest lay binded by rusted chains and covered in caked blood. Mice and rats chewed on his fingers and flesh, attracted by the scent of blood. The only things that escaped his mouth were moans of agony and pain. Though his eyes are unseeing, blinded by his tormentors and captors, he knew that he will return to the embrace of God soon. Around him, figures in dark hoods began chanting ominous, arcane words. A chant that symbolises rebirth. One that is practised by necromancers.

"Pleasee... kill me now, I dont want to become a pawn in your vile plans of world domination, my soul shall not become yours to control", pleaded the young priest.

"I have no need for your soul. I only desire your body. One that is holy. You, my friend, are one of the few uncorrupted priests in the land. Your body is perfect for Death to begin his domination of Heaven", said one of the chanters. He removed the hood and stared at his captive's face. "Goodbye, young brother."

Unsheathing a black dagger, he carressed it with lovingness in the movements of his fingers. Slowly, the chanting became slower and eventually faded into the darkness. In the silent and still night sky, the moon shone eerily with a blue tinge. The moon's shine basked the land with it's glow. The cavern slowly lit up, revealing features in the cavern that were not recognisable in the darkness. Runic carvings were etched into the caverns walls and drawings, depicting the sun, the moon anda being with 4 wings. Using this opportunity to pray for his "lamb", he slowly touched the chest of his sacrifice.

"Know that this is for the good of the world"
"Surely, your madness has taken your mind, just it has taken our parents!!" screamed the priest
"No, I merely sought to end this world's suffering"

Without hesistation, he grasped the dagger with mixtures of determination, sadness, and insanity in his eyes and stabbed his brother with unwonted venom. Blood began to pool on the floor. The priest lay there, dead, his blinded eyes staring into the sky hoping for a glimpse of Heaven moments before his death

"It is done..."

Death has been reborn.

Unbeknownst to this cult, at the same instant the dagger struck, a young woman gave birth to a baby boy. The same boy who can conquer Death...


"I'm new to this site, so if you guys like my writing, I'll continue to write Chapter 1 and so forth"
© Copyright 2009 Daath (daath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546784-Rebirth-of-Innocence---PROLOGUE