*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547460-Reason-Enough
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1547460
A girl searches for a reason to go on.
She was swinging slowly back and forth as the light breeze blew through the forest. The sun filtered down through the leaves and made a pretty patern dancing upon her light sun dress, white and patterned with yellow flowers. Looking down, her soft pale hands hung loosely at her sides as she thought about how she got here.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




"Jessica, it's time to go,' her mother called up to her room.



"Coming, Mom."



Jessica looked out on the downpour outside her bedroom window. Great day for a picnic, she thought, but still looking forward to seeing her boyfriend, Aaron, who would be waiting for her there, along with her other friends. The picnic would have to be held inside the community center at the park, but that should be no matter, because it still should be a good time.



She pulled her long brown hair back into a tight ponytail and added a dab of Aaron's favorite perfume to the hollow of her neck before grabbing her jean jacket and heading down the stairs. She stopped only for a moment to grab her camera, wanting to capture the day as best she could.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




They arrived at the community center about fifteen minutes later. The rain had intensified and they had to run to get to the center, and even still, they were soaked when they entered the hall. Fortunately, they were not alone in their predicament. All the others were in various states of being soaked, and all were laughing and generally having a good time.
© Copyright 2009 Kurelgyre (metroiceberg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547460-Reason-Enough