*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548401-Beginning-of-I-Promise
Rated: E · Chapter · Emotional · #1548401
The start of a finished story. A girl reconnects with a famous singer, her old bestfriend
Time seemed priceless as Rylie looked to the sky. The rain poured down like angry bullets, beating hard on her back. She tried to shield her face, but found herself lost in his deep hazel eyes. She clutched his hand, afraid to let go of him and all of the memories they had shared. But time was not willing to wait. She felt a tear running down her cheek, but didn’t have the courage to lift her hand from his and wipe it away.

“I’m really going to miss you.” She whispered.

He didn’t answer, but his eyes spoke what no mouth could muster. But pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly. Rylie hoped he would never let her go, he would never leave her. She wanted to stay there in his arms forever.

“I’m going to miss you too.” He whispered into her ear. “I’ll think of you everyday.”

Her heart started to beat faster hearing his tender voice in her ear. She pulled away to look at him. He pulled his lips into a smile, but she looked deep into his eyes and could see the pain. Before she could comfort him, a familiar voice came from behind her.

“David, come on.” It was his mom, and he didn’t want to keep her waiting any longer.

He looked at her with sorrow before giving her one more hug and running off toward his plane. She stood there in the rain and watched him. She was soaked from head to toe, her bangs hung down over her eyes. The rain blurred the image her best friend. She strained her eyes to see his beautiful smile one last time.

He never turned around. Without thinking, she dropped her bag and ran as fast as she could toward the plane. As her feet started to gain control, she pushed harder, digging her feet into the pavement to keep from slipping. She caught herself 20 feet away, and screamed over the sound of the engine.

“Don’t forget me David! Please don’t forget me!” she cried.

He turned around and his eyes met hers.

“I would never forget you Rylie.”

“Promise?” she yelled back to him.

He stopped and smiled at her. It wasn’t one of those fake smiles just to make you feel better, it was real. It was one of those things that you can’t understand, a type of communication that really isn’t talking at all, but speaking through the heart. All the emotion he had felt was stripped from him and all that was left was true sincerity. He looked deep into her eyes.

“I Promise.”
© Copyright 2009 Jessica (jessica14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548401-Beginning-of-I-Promise