*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548733-Mobile-Home-Mess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · How-To/Advice · #1548733
"modular homes" salespeople had us gritting our teeth and thinking non-Christian things.
My Name
My Address
My City, State, Zip


July 17, 2003



Daugherty Homes, Inc.
dba Freedom Homes
820 Southeast 84th
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73149


Attention: Mr. Mark Curtsinger, G.M.

Regarding: Registering Complaint

We recently visited your Blah-blah office, June 14, 2003, and viewed several new homes with Sales Consultant, Lora Farley.

We appreciated her "can do" attitude and was impressed by her knowledge of the business having been with you only a few months.

We chose a Redman N564 and submitted our check #xxxx, for $500.00. We had some credit issues to resolve and went to work on that immediately the following Monday morning. Some days later, Ms Farley suggested by phone that we contact Mr. Xxxxx Xxxxxx, in Xxxxxx, Xxxxx ourselves to look at land to place the home on. She explained that he "worked with her customers" and it would expedite the process.

We made that trip to Xxxxxx, Xx, June 28th,2003 and saw Mr. Xxxxxxx when we learned that the "joint venture" Ms Farley conveyed to us was non-existent. Then Mr. Xxxxxxx proceeded to give us all the reasons why he was not involved in a "package deal" repeatedly. He also apologized repeatedly.

We were stunned by Ms Farley's motivation. Not only were we disappointed, we wasted time and fuel. We left Mr. Xxxxxx office and drove straight to Freedom Homes to discuss the matter with Ms Farley, face to face.

Xxxxxxx was unable to participate in the dialogue due to Freedom Homes apparent lack of credibility, so I spoke with Ms Farley myself.

We went to another mobile home retailer and noticed a big difference in service. They were calling or e-mailing us every day regarding our application. We knew they appreciated our business because it showed.

We decided that the integrity of Freedom Homes was below standard so Xxxxxxx called Lora Farley on July 1st, 2003, and requested a refund of our $500 deposit. Ms Farley said she would request the check that day and it would be back here (My City) with the checks on the 15th. I assumed payroll checks.

Ms Farley showed no concern that we wanted our money refunded. Our check cleared our bank June 27th, four days before we contacted Freedom Homes for the refund.

We've called about the check but have been given nothing but excuses. We discovered that the request wasn't made until 7/16, not 7/01 like we were told. Was it really necessary to lie?

We want you to know that we will tell all our neighbors (we live in a mobile home community) family, friends, co-workers and anyone who is interested in purchasing a mobile home that Freedom Homes cannot be trusted with their business.

Maybe you will investigate, assess and make a determination on your so-called policy and create a new one that is customer friendly. Then again maybe you won't. We intend to go forward and sing the praises of another retailer.

Good luck with your Xxxxxxxxxxx Sales Office.


Sincerely,



VOTE:ObamaDramaOverIn2012:D

© Copyright 2009 VOTE:ObamaDramaOverIn2012:D (stealthmode at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548733-Mobile-Home-Mess