*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549033-Just-Another-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #1549033
What is your life like when the only person you can turn to is an obnoxious British man?
Just Another Day Chapter 1

"Ha ha no way dude...Well I’m in front… so I have to go. Talk to you later okay…ha ha I wont bye" I am about to put my cell phone in my pocket when I hear.

"Umm excuse could I borrow your phone I need to make a call" I turn around to see a tall, skinny guy with his face red from the cold.
“Do I know you?" I ask him.

"Do you?" he says. "Look I left my room key in my room and I can't call my mates because I also left my bloody phone in there, so could I please use your phone"
I point to the hotel "You mean in this hotel?" "Yeah" he says "I can help you with that follow me" I lead the guy inside the hotel. It is one of those fancy hotels, the ones rich people would be seen in. I walk up to the reception desk, which is in the middle of the lobby."He.." I point to the guy, who is now standing beside me. "..Forgot his room key in his room." I tell the clerk. The clerk is a skinny fellow, around nineteen. He has pretty green eyes, but you can’t see them through his thick glasses.

"Right." He says. "Sir I would need some identification" the clerk tells the guy.

"I left all that stuff in my room" the guy tells the clerk.

"Well I’m sorry sir but I need some ID to give you the spare." says the clerk.

"May I use your phone to call my roommates? They might have theirs" says the guy.

"I’m sorry but the hotel phone is for employee purposes only. No personal calls" That's when I reach over the counter and bring out the phone. I pick up the receiver and start dialing. After a couple of rings a man picks up and says "Hello you have reached The Kingsburg Hotel, this is Jake how may I help you?"
"Dude you need to get down here" I say to Jake.

"Max? What's wrong?"

"The front desk clerk..." I look over and see his name tag "…Kevin isn't really helping a guest."

"I'll be right there" he says and hangs up.
Five minutes pass and a blond haired man comes around the desk. "So sorry about this sir." says Jake.

“'ts all right there mate"

"All I really need is your name and your room number."

"The name should be under Josh Kline and the room I think is 538" says the guy.

Jake starts typing in the computer. "Yup there it is. Kevin go get the spare and anything Mr..." Jake turns to face the guy.

"Oh Sykes…Oliver Sykes" says the guy.

"Anything else Mr. Sykes needs please attend to." Oliver leans against the wall with his hands in his yellow jacket pockets while Kevin fetches the spare. I am leaning against the desk playing with a pen.

"Now you missy. “Jake turns his head to look at the giant clock hanging in the lobby "6:30 right on curfew" He smiles at me.

"Don't you think 6:30 is too early of a curfew for a 17 year old girl?" I say

"Hey I'm just following orders."

I roll my eyes "Can't you be a cool brother-in-law and bend the rules a little?"

"As much as I would like to do that you know I can't. Maybe you can ask Jess when she gets back to expand your curfew."

I put my head down on the counter and mumble "My life sucks" Jake pats my head. "Can I have my key please?" I say, my head still down on the desk. Jake takes a key out of his pocket and hands it to me. I grab it of his hands and start walking away.
"Hey! Uh thanks for your help" yells out Oliver.

I don't turn around and I just put my hand up and say "Yeah sure whatever!"
Oliver just scratches his cheek.


When I finally reach the 5th floor I take a right turn out of the elevator and step inside room 542.I turn on the lights and look at the room. Everything is neat and in place so room service must have came in already. I drop my backpack on the floor and lay down on the black leather couch. I cover my eyes with one hand. No sound coming from anywhere, total silence.
© Copyright 2009 likewise (likewise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549033-Just-Another-Day