*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552443-Lesson-1--20-Ways-to-Get-Plot-Ideas
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1552443
Write a paragraph elaborating on an idea from the 20 ways to find a plot in lesson 1.
Lesson 1-1
My idea is a perfect murder using ammonia and bleach mixed together. I have read that these two items create a toxic gas that can kill, especially in an unventilated room. I have wanted to try this idea for a long time and I think now is the time to develop it.

The method I used was, of course, #18..."start with the ending." I have used this method before with two stories and it worked well, I think. It's effectiveness as a story must be judged by the reader. As a writer I liked having the end and enjoyed putting in the pieces to move the story along toward that end. It is an easy method for me. I think, however, I would like to give a couple of the other methods some practice to see where they do or don't lead me. I have a character in mind, but no story as yet. So, maybe if I try to develop her, a story will come to me as I research homeless people and the lives they live.

Lesson 1-2
Focus on small things that can happen to move the story along. This is hard to do because I just came up with the idea to do the story. Therefore, I don't have small details yet, just an overview. Sorry.

Dear Emma:

By the time you should be reading this letter, your primary problem in life will be solved which is your abusive husband. You and your children will be freed from the dangerous situation in which you live and have the opportunity to live a serene, hopeful life. There is so much good in the world and I want you to be able to experience it and to know that "good" does exist. I want this for you very much and I will be setting into motion things that lead to your freedom.

I am writing this letter to set a goal for myself to start working on a plan to free you from your hellacious marriage. I will be tearing this letter up when I finish it for two very good reasons: (1) I don't want to be punished for helping you and (2) I don't want anyone to know....especially not you for I am very familiar with your conscience.

I know that my plan will have to have motivation, will have to provide time for you and kids to be away from the "event", and must be a plan which has no strings to involve any of us.

I love you,
Karen
© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552443-Lesson-1--20-Ways-to-Get-Plot-Ideas