*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553138-The-Search-for-Meaning
by Nadene
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1553138
what is it we are looking for?
I often wonder what is the point of it all? We have endless options but at the same time we can see nothing. We all want meaningful lives but unfortunately the need for money and security causes us to lose ourselves. We spend so much of our time trying to make ends meet and then distracting ourselves in pointless activities in order to "relax" and forget our responsibilities.

I have noticed that no matter what we are doing whether it's working, travelling, resting, etc., there's still a part of us that's wishing for something else. Those old expressions "the grass is always greener" and "shoulda woulda coulda" come to mind.

Instead we must respect each moment, believe in divine timing, and how we are at the right place for us right now. And know that our desires are predictions of what we are capable of achieving.

I'll use the analogy of a dried up river. We are like this river. We are waiting for the rain to nurture us, to fill us up, so that we may make our journey forward. But what is our destination? The ocean. The wide open sea.

When we reach the ocean we are overwhelmed by the vastness, it's unending. We are unending. The ocean supports and carries boats, fish, swimmers, seaweed, whatever may enter it. It does not show preference nor discrimination. It's free, wild, and happy just being what it is.

Be vast, be free, be unending. Stop searching for boundaries, for something to believe in or "believe" that you believe in. You will find this naturally.

True, sometimes we get angry and frustrated. Don't hold on to that anger let it go like a passing storm. The calmness of morning soon returns. The light shines down on us again; glistening for all to see.

Shine, and keep shining. Keep being and don't question it. Always love and always do your best. Grow, mature, learn, and become- just as the river meets the ocean and the ocean meets the sky. We are all one and part of the same. We can't be contained, can't be held in the one place, can't be stopped. That's why I feel restless, waiting..for the rain
© Copyright 2009 Nadene (nadene at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553138-The-Search-for-Meaning