*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553875-Shape-Shifters-Diary-of-a-Runaway
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1553875
This is the story of a sixteen year old shape-shifter named Alana.
I shivered as the human was thrown to the ground with a loud thump. I looked at my father. He didn't seem to be unhappy that he had to kill someone-he actually seemed to enoy it. A smirk emerged from his lips as he looked down at the human. He then gave the withering human a kick to it's gut. The human looked up at me. She looked about the same age as me-sixteenish, maybe fifteen. Her parents were already dead, killed by my uncle. Everyone saved the poor girl for last. Why? Why did we have to kill the, this way? Why did we have to kill them at all? I cried silently. She had light brown eyes, her face was smeared with blood.



"Help me..." She whispered. The discust for my father and the pain on my face for her must have shown. I started to reach out to her, but I stopped dead as my father glared at me. I put my hand back at my side and looked at the girl with saddened eyes. She began to sob like she had been before. My father was still looking at me. I frowned in anger this time. "What?" I snapped at him. He narrowed his eyes. "Your offically a young adult. It's time you start helping us with killing them" He said stepping back and motioning toward the girl. I looked at the him, then the girl with wide eyes. "No" I whispered. My dad clenched his fists. "Either you start committing to the duties of the pack or you will be killed Alana!" He hissed. I just glared at him. I looked at the girl. I didn't have to do this. I didn't have to kill innocent people. I didn't have to act like an animal;even tough I technically could turn into one anytime. Which I would do now. To get away from this discusting, horribile place which I hated more then anything. I looked at my family which were there. My father, mother, sister, and brother. We were on duty to kill the intruders. I never wanted to-or did kill anyone though. Only when you turned a certain age were you an "adult" and allowed to participate in certian things the "pack" did. I just said to my dad then, "Come and kill me then" and then ran into the nearby forest. I shifter to my wolf form-the only form the people in our small town could- and ignored the sound of my clothes ripping as I shifted. I tripped slightly as I kicked off the remains of the clothes and kept running. I soon heard yelling and more tearings as others must have shifted also. I was the fastest of my siblings though-and even at play my parents never could catch me. I kept running and running and running.

I lost track of time. My limbs ached. My lungs felt like they were about to burst.

I finally stopped and looked behind me.
© Copyright 2009 Krista Rasher (x.kristen.x at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553875-Shape-Shifters-Diary-of-a-Runaway