*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555425-The-Outline
by CCbear
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1555425
This paper is about how to make an outline before you write your paper.
The Outline
         Frustration, irritation, you hate it, you love it, you want to rip it up and throw it away but you get through it and finish writing your paper. Writing an essay or paper of any kind isn’t always fun. Some people struggle all the way through and some people conquer their papers. Over the years as a writer I’ve picked up many skills and different approaches in my head to writing a nice quality paper. As a writer I believe that the most important part to writing a paper is the outline.
         Now outlines can be very boring and long lasting; but there are ways to make it more enjoyable. As a student writer the number one way I learned to do an outline is by making a web. Webs do organize your thoughts but they get boring after a while and people tend to want to skip the outline. Another way to do a web is trace you’re your hand and in every finger you place your thoughts. This was really cute when you were little but now that you’re writing bigger papers that method won’t work.
         The hand won’t give you the space you need to write down all your thoughts if you’re writing a really big important paper. Now I’ve been thinking long and hard about different ways to make a student or fellow writer to want to do an outline before you write your paper. So when you are preparing to write a paper you want it to have your own flare in it right? Ok so make an outline that appeal to your personality.
For example if you’re a person that likes cooking recipes you can make an outline that looks like a recipe. Or think of it as a recipe! The topic will be the name of the recipe. The outline is the ingredients the rough draft is everything being mixed up and cooked. When you get your paper edited that is your recipe being sampled. When you type up your final piece that is when your recipe is finished and ready to be served. Now maybe cooking isn’t your thing!
There are other things you can do too. Another example is if you’re a music lover; you can turn your outline in to some turn tables or an instrument that you play. For example if you played the violin the strings on it could be your different thoughts and you could make music notes around it to build on to your thoughts. Making your outline is the biggest part of the paper. It practically is the paper so by making your outline appealing to your personality you won’t get bored with your outline.
You actually will stay interested on your topic and do a satisfying outline to make a very satisfying paper!
© Copyright 2009 CCbear (ceecee262 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555425-The-Outline