*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555759-Mystery-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Comedy · #1555759
If books could really talk
Over here, look at me! Look familiar? Remind you of someone? Sure I do! I'm your next Mystery Escape! Yeah, sure, I'm a friend of your last Mystery Escape : )

Come on, take me down from this shelf and have a look at me. Intriguing aren't I? What a title, huh? Ever felt that way? Well I do, all the time. Like the colors? I picked them just for you. See the handsome guy on the back inside cover? He's the author: rugged, sensitive, and knowing. Knowing what you think, what you feel, what you need. Knowing your hopes, your dreams. Most of all, knowing what you don't know. Wouldn't you like to know what he knows? Read my back cover.

See, there was this guy who thought he was taking care of this, but he noticed that. Then he met this girl while he was doing this and she noticed that too. More they did this, more that kept turning up. Finally they began to realize it was something else. By then, it was really close to being too late.

But that's not the whole story. Think about it. This guy is handsome and sensitive. This girl is beautiful and smart. They're both athletic and healthy, and they're in their primes. Sooo, how do you think this Mystery Escape is gonna play out? Listen, take it from someone who knows, this author is not going to let you down. He's gonna lay it out for you like a Thanksgiving dinner.

Look, never mind those unopened past due notices. And the wife always comes back anyway, doesn't she? Just take me home and spend a little time in my world. In here, there are no rough edges; no loose ends. In here, everything works out just the way you like.
© Copyright 2009 tieclip (commaquote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555759-Mystery-Escape