*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556437-LESSON-2-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rick H
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1556437
PART 2 of Lesson 2
LESSON 2 Part 2  Thaylon Taylor

EXPOSITION
RISING ACTION
CLIMAX
FALLING ACTION
RESOLUTION

THE CAVE

         The young girl finally able to stand glanced around the phosphorescent lit cavern deep in the bowels of the Earth. The unusual and small furry creatures were suddenly surrounding her. These strange underground bipeds had white squared teeth, large round noses, big oval eyes, and leather like three fingered hands. They were almost as tall as she was. This meant that must be around three feet tall.There was no way out of this subterranean cavern now. The creatures started moving forward crowding in to both of them.
 
         She thought back to when half way up the cliff face they had climbed on to the ledge where she discovered the small crevice behind some brush that led her here. Crawling then on hands and knees for what now seemed to be hours and hours. Aunt Heather had led the climb up the cliff. After Cristina found the tunnel Heather also led the way down, lighting the small rock tunnel with her helmet lamp.

        Today had started normally enough. With her Aunt Heather waking her up on a sunny Saturday morning for another rock climbing adventure. Cristina had been climbing for the last three years before her mother’s tragic and fatal car accident a year ago. Now at age nine, she was as good as someone that is only forty one inches tall could be. She loved the sport and although she missed her mother dearly, she was happy her mother’s twin sister Heather had insisted she live with her.

         Yet unlike her Aunt, the young girl was unafraid. She felt a warm flood of love both from and for these strange critters. They continued to press forward chanting her name that was somehow known to them all the while gently patting her. Cristina thought they looked like living stuffed animals.

         ”Cristina. Cristina. Cristina.” Aunt Heather said soft and warmly gently patting the child’s head. “It’s time to get up, we have a big day of climbing and exploring today!”

         

© Copyright 2009 Rick H (earthvillager at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556437-LESSON-2-part-2