*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557521-Led-And-Mr-Preston
by Lucas.
Rated: E · Short Story · Nonsense · #1557521
Led talks to a rabbit.
Led swallowed. It was hard to do without any water, but there wasn’t any around and everyone around him did it dry, so he did too. He sat in the forest, on a large damp log and waited for it to kick in. He waited five minutes, fifteen, thirty. Nothing seemed to be happening. He had zoned out of the conversation and was now looking around for any signs of effect. A small, grey and white rabbit hopped up on his log. Led whirled around.

“Hello. Who are you?” said the boy.

The rabbit just sniffled and nibbled.

“Oh, I’m sorry: I’m Led. What’s your name?”

The rabbit looked up at him. “I’m Mr. Preston.”

“It’s a pleasure.” Led reached out to touch the rabbit, as people do, but the rabbit darted away.

“I don’t much like being touched” said he “it mattes my fur.”

“Oh, I duly apologize, Mr. Preston.”

“Think nothing of it, Led.”

“So, what are you doing with all of those nuts?” Led pointed to the pile of nuts.

“I’m getting ready to hibernate. Rabbits need piles of food to eat when they come out of their slumber.”

“Rabbits hibernate?”

“I do.”

Led noticed his friends walking away. He asked them to wait until he finished his conversation, but they said they must go. Led paused for a moment, to think if he should stay or follow them. Finally, Led told Mr. Preston he needed to end the conversation, so Mr. Preston said he understood.

“Can I come back and see you tomorrow?”

“Hmm, I doubt I’ll be here tomorrow. Or ever again.”

Led nodded. He understood. He got up and walked away without looking back.
© Copyright 2009 Lucas. (loodish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557521-Led-And-Mr-Preston