*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/155802-untitled
Rated: 18+ · Article · LGBTQ+ · #155802
Jonny and Tom, a very young gay couple cope with AIDS and everyday life.
"Jonny...I came as soon as I heard...what happened?" Tom said breathlessly as he bustled into Jonny's hospital room. Jonny didn't acknowledge his presence. Instead, he stared straight at the wall in front of him.
"Jon? Is everything..."
"Ok? No." he snapped, not moving his eyes. "Everything is not ok. It never is. Why would it be?" Tom reached out to take his hand but he pulled it away. "I don't think I can handle this anymore." he said in a low voice.
"Jonny..." Tom said, helplessly feeling that he was not going to reach him. Jonny turned to him, his face paper white and the legions on it stood out to give him a grotesque appearance.
"I could just take this off and..." he indicated the I.V. in his hand. "G-d, it would be that easy...just..." he bit his lip, trying to hold in tears.
"I don't ever want to hear you say that ever again." Tom said and Jonny turned on him.
"What the f***k's the point? I'm gonna f***king die anyway. What difference does it make if it's now or not?" he choked.
"It makes a big difference...no one thought you'd live this long.."
"SO what, stay alive to spite the doctors..." Tom cut him off.
"What about your mom?"
"What about her? I've been nothing but a big fat heartache to her anyway."
"Then...what about me?" Jonny didn't respond. Instead he began to pull at the I.V. Tom, fighting tears picked up his coat and headed toward the door.
"I can't care about you if you don't." he said in alow voice without turning around. With that, the dam inside Jonny broke and tears came flooding out. Tom slowly went back toward him and drew him close. Not being able to hold back anymore, he began to cry too and they cried together for a good amount of time until neither had any tears left.
"Jonny..." Tom started to say.
" I love you." Jonny said at the same time.
"I love you, too.." Tom said quietly as he held Jonny's fragile body and replayed the scene shudderingly in his mind.
© Copyright 2001 miss scarlett (saracuse9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/155802-untitled