*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558803-Being-a-goose
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #1558803
The goose has a problem
Being a goose


Being a goose isn't like what you think. You people think were just big dumb birds that just prune our feathers and eat corn but we aren't like that and so we go.

I have lived in this barn all my life I have and I'll tell you the family here is very strange. This boy comes up at least once a day and picks up hay throws it through a hole in the floor. I have always wondered why he did this.... after laying my eggs I felt tired so I decided to close my eyes for a couple of minutes. When I woke up I had heard footsteps on the ladder. The boy was coming back up the ladder again to get the hay. He started throwing the hay down but when he went to throw the last bale curiosity kicked in. I had jumped at the bale and came crashing down into the barn. When I came to I remembered my eggs were still up in the loft. I tried to get back up into the loft but it was blocked. But I heard peeping, So I went outside to see where the peeping was coming from. I looked to see the boy catching my goslings from the loft. Now the goslings are doing fine and have grown up to have goslings of their own. I just hope they'll tell this story to their goslings.





By: *Gene Beavers  





© Copyright 2009 ~Eugene_Beavers~ (gene_bevaers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558803-Being-a-goose