*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559460-Inequality-of-women-start-with-God
Rated: 18+ · Thesis · Educational · #1559460
God descriminates women in creation. Jesus, desciples and saints continue the practice.
God created Adam, the first man in his own image and put him in the paradise; seeing he was companionless, he sent a sleep un to him and took out a rib and created Eve and gave her as a companion. She was created from his bones and flesh and in his image. and not in God’s own image and hence she was inferior to men in every way. Further, she, beguiled by the serpent, went against the commandments of God and He cursed her to bring forth children under great pain. (A plausible explanation could be that women were seen inferior to men during the time when the Old Testament books were written and the authors made the stories of creation to suit the norms of the then society.
Discrimination against women is blatant in the New Testament too. Christ did not choose a single woman as a disciple. His church has not allowed women to become priests. She had to come to the church after covering her head and in subjection and she could not speak out to any congregation. Men as priests, bishops, cardinals and popes have always ruled women. As we shall see there were great saints who saw women as evil incarnated and a sources of temptation.
In the epistles of the disciples of Christ we find this attitude reinforced and sanctified. In 1 Timothy 2:11-14 we read: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
We also see in 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
In the epistle to Corinthians 11: 5-10 we see that man is superior to woman as per the design of the creator. “………For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, for as much as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man”
In the Old Testament there are clear indications that a man can rape a woman and if the act is discovered he has to pay her father a few shekels of silver and later he is permitted to marry her. What is to prevent someone from finding the best looking woman in town, raping her, telling everyone about it, and then having the courts force her to be his wife for the rest of her life? See Deuteronomy 22:28-30 "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
See Exodus 21:7-8 "And in case a man should sell his daughter as a slave girl, she will not go out in the way that the slave men go out. If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master so that he doesn't designate her as a concubine but causes her to be redeemed, he will not be entitled to sell her to a foreign people in his treacherously dealing with her."
Here in this verse we can see that fathers can easily and freely sell their daughters as slaves to other men. The other men are free to rape the daughters if they wish to do so.
Further, there is sanction to burn a girl who engages herself in prostitution if she is the daughter of a priest! Read Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." Why a priest’s daughter be burnt in fire just because her father is a priest if she decides to act like a whore? Is this fair? Should it make a difference whether or not a girl's father is a priest or not?
Women in the Bible are considered evil !!!. "Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." ..And the birth of ANY daughter is a loss"
Leviticus 12:2-5, if a woman gives birth to a baby boy, then she becomes unclean for 7 days. But if she gives birth to a baby girl, then she becomes unclean for 14 days. This verse is another proof that women in the Bible are disliked to be born !.
Women are perceived to be sources of evil and temptresses. The Bible claims that it is impossible to find a single good woman among a thousand women.
Ecclesiastics 7:26-28 "And I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare....while I was still searching but not finding, I found one upright man among a thousand but not one upright woman among them all".

In other words, the Bible teaches us that: Adam and Eve were not equal. He was created in the image and glory of God and her in his image. . Adam neither got deceived nor sinned but Eve did both.
Women should learn in subjugation and silence. They do not have authority over women and they should not teach. Women must keep silent in Churches. It is shameful for them to open their mouths therein. If they have a question they should ask their husbands before going to church and then their husbands will ask for them in the church
Women are commanded to be under obedience to men. God ordained that men shall for all time rule over women. She should always cover her head while praying. If a woman prays with her head uncovered then she must shave her head.
Any woman who delivers a male baby shall be unclean for one week. But any woman who delivers a female baby shall be unclean for two weeks. Females make their mothers doubly unclean as compared to males.
While it is possible to find one upright man in every thousand, it is impossible to find even one single upright woman in every thousand
Woman is a snare, her heart is a trap, and her hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but she will ensnare the sinner.
If a woman had her period and touches a chair or a bed or anything else then that item immediately becomes unclean. Anyone who then touches those things shall also become unclean. They must then bathe themselves and wash their clothes because they have touched an item that a monstrous woman has touched.
St. John Damascene says, "Woman is a daughter of falsehood, a sentinel of Hell, the enemy of peace; through her Adam lost paradise"
St. Cyprian feels "Woman is the instrument which the devil uses to gain possession of our souls"
According to St. Antony, "Woman is the fountain of the arm of the devil, her voice is the hissing of the serpent" But according to St. Gregory "Woman has the poison of an asp, the malice of a dragon"
St. Tertullian, while he was talking to his 'best beloved sisters' in the faith, he said, "Do you not know that you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the Devil's gateway: You are the unsealer of the forbidden tree: You are the first deserter of the divine law: You are she who persuaded him whom the devil wasn't valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man." Once again, St. Augustine wrote to a friend, "What is the difference whether it is in a wife or a mother; it is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman." Centuries later, St. Thomas Aquinas still considered women as defective, "As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence."
© Copyright 2009 varghese (varghese at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559460-Inequality-of-women-start-with-God