*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559678-Rock-Bottom
by S.Ren
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #1559678
short-short of not my proudest moment

A blink was all it took for me to realize this was not where I remembered I was. I could feel the dirt on my hands and smell, the stench of college living around me as I lay flat on my back. The blink revealed two things, one it was still night time and two I was in my building. I tried to open my eyes again but to no avail. I groped around the floor with my right hand, feeling the paint covered concrete underneath the tips. Holding onto my stomach with the other hand, I nervously ran my fingers along my ribs. The soothing rhythm of finger tapping bone lulled me into a limbo where defeat would be accepted.  A few long breaths later, consciousness ran through me tickling my spine and I gasped for air.
“Hello?” I whimpered, thinking of a distant picture I saw with the girl dead in a corner.  Light rustling came from bellow and my heart throbbed against my chest.
“Can someone help?” I cried, “Please, anyone!” 
That’s when the thunder rumbled through the floor beneath me and voices were barked out in hushed screams. I opened my eyes and made out an oval face. He looked down at me and then whoosh-  I felt my body being forced into fetal position and like a rag doll my limbs dangled; wrists out, neck back, tear stained face.
“Someone get the door.” The boy barked. Slowly I felt him slide me down to the ground and put me upright. I laughed, it tickled.
“What did you drink?” he ordered. I tried to think and-
“I don’t know.” I confessed. He waved the others away and helped me in the room. A shock of panic ran through my spine and I grabbed hold of the desk. It was so dark here, and the warm quiet scared me.
“Stay with me,” I begged, “ Just until I fall asleep.” He nodded and watched me stare at the bed. I couldn’t think of how I was going to get onto it. Without asking,, he scooped me up and rested me on my side.
“Don’t roll over. You don’t want to choke on your vomit.” He explained. I smiled up at him; he was so concerned for me. He deserved a hug, I thought and I wrapped my arms around him; my pungent alcohol breath overtaking any inklings of physical attraction.
© Copyright 2009 S.Ren (shannonr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559678-Rock-Bottom