*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559942-Yes-I-killed-the-man
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Mystery · #1559942
A story of an innocent killing.
(world count: 184)

Yes, I killed the man. It wasn't something I would really call a crime. He challenged me so he has to bear the burden of this chest upon him.
Everything was set ready and all was watching us. One by one, and step by step, the fight was going on and so fierce. Yet, I did try my best not to scratch him or do him any harm. I tried hard to give him warnings during the fight, and to just leave me alone, but his dexterity denied being low down under my hits.
The field was weirdly set with blackish hues spotted over a white space, that made my mind gaze into a horizon of its own, but I forced myself to get back and concentrate on my enemy. Thus, move by move with careful planning, I knocked him off my way. The poor man was puzzled and did not know what to do, but as soon as he moved his right hand from left and back to right, it was my time then to simply take the advantage and shout: CHECKMATE! I WIN!
© Copyright 2009 SeanFear (seanfear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559942-Yes-I-killed-the-man