*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560628-Part-of-Novel-no-title-yet
by Stacie
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Tragedy · #1560628
Beginning of novel about a troubled young mother with a drug problem.
She didn’t look like herself. Hell, she didn’t FEEL like herself. She thought as she dabbed on foundation. She looked over at Reese sitting peacefully on the floor playing with his favorite pop up toy. She winced as she rubbed over a sore on her face. Ugh, who am I kidding? This is not a place for him, for me. She looked again at Reese. His face was dirty, she couldn’t remember the last time she cleaned it, or gave him a bath for that matter. Glancing around the small motel room, she saw how she had been living for the last year. Really saw. The floor Reese was playing on was almost black with dirt. There was food crumbs scattered around, some with ants crawling on them, some carrying their treasures to their homes. The bathroom was so small and without a door, you wouldn’t even consider it a room at all, maybe a closet at most. “Ma-ma,” whined Reese at her feet, pulling her from her self-pity. She grabbed a bottle, filled it with water, and handed it to him. “How about going to sleep Reesie?” She grabbed him and his dingy blanket and laid him on the torn up bed.

He whined for a while but she ignored him as usual. Hmm, when I get high I won’t care about how I am living, how I am making him live, she thought as the cravings taunted her. “Ring, Ring.” Finally the phone, it better be him… “Hello?” she said.

“Hey there angel, how are you doing?”

“Are you coming yet? I haven’t had anything all day. I need it.” She shrieked with urgency.

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll be there soon. Make sure you look good for me honey. You look so nasty when you don’t pretty yourself up.”

“Ok. Please hurry.” She said and hung up the phone. I don’t care how he treats me as long as he gets me high, she thought, subconsciously touching the cigarette burn on her cheek.

Just as she was finishing up her look there was a knock on the door. She looked in the mirror quick to make sure she looked all right. She had put her stringy black hair into a bun, slipped on her only sexy green lingerie, and completed the whorish look with her black dancing heels. “Hi,” she said softly. He didn’t waste any time. He grabbed her and kissed her fiercely. While leading her to the only chair in the room he unzipped his pants. He sat down and pulled out his throbbing manhood. Ripping off her extremely worn panties he pulled her on top of him. He manhandled her, made her body sting as he gripped her hard until he had his release.

When he was satisfied, he threw her off him and tossed her a small baggy half full of meth. Eagerly she ran to get it ready and lit it up as fast as she could. Quickly her body felt better. The pain from the way he handled her was disappearing.  “My friends are stopping by.” He said his breath on the back of her neck. She didn’t even notice him walk up to her. She knew why, she didn’t even blink. Another one of those nights, she thought with disgust, those filthy hands all over her. She didn’t care though. She was already tweaking and would be out of it by the time they arrived.
© Copyright 2009 Stacie (twitchymamas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560628-Part-of-Novel-no-title-yet