*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560792-My-Favorite-Bible-Verse---
by ruwth
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #1560792
If we confess our sins, GOD is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us . . .

When we confess our sins, God forgives us and cleanses us!


My favorite Bible passage is...

I John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


This verse reveals a powerful life-changing tool. What I have learned over the years is that if there is anything in my life that I am doing outside God's will for me, if I will confess it as sin, He will CHANGE ME in that area.

I don't even have to WANT to be changed in an area -- I have confessed as sin, "God, I am doing such and such -- and I do not even want to stop -- and I confess NOT WANTING to stop AS SIN and look to you to forgive me and cleanse me of ALL unrighteousness." AND HE DOES -- inevitably, my attitude will change and I will soon be confessing that very thing to Him that I had previously not been willing to change -- because He has made me WANT to change it.

A workshop/worksheet that I have developed is based on this verse and "If we confess our sins one to another, we shall be healed!"

It works!



© Copyright 2009 ruwth (ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560792-My-Favorite-Bible-Verse---