*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561872-Trapped-inside
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Animal · #1561872
Written in Creative Writing class(2008-2009). The boy wants chocolate.
Ice cream made at home was always Jose's favorite treat every Saturday. His mom went to the grocery store to buy the food needed to make the ice cream. Chocolate was the flavor of the ice cream every other Saturday.

Saturday morning Jose woke up, excited to have some chocolate ice cream after dinner. He stood up and went down to the kitchen table, where his breakfast was placed waiting for him to eat it. This time for breakfast his mom made over-easy eggs and some wheat bread toast with butter on the side.

"Good morning," his mom greeted him by the entrance.

"Hello." Jose dragged his food over near him on the table while he adjusted his chair. Mornings of course was way too early for his mom to make the homemade ice cream. Normally his mom checks the supply then goes to the grocery store if anything's missing or not enough.

"How was your week at school?" she asked Jose.

"As good as it usually goes," he replied.

"Good luck at the park this afternoon. Don't get into any trouble. I have to go to the grocery store and bank right now. I'll be back in a couple of hours," she said before leaving.

Jose finished his eggs and toast then went outside. The sun was shining and the temperature was just right to take a morning walk. No one else was in the house and he never had to do homework. His test grades were low though, so his mom have him study for at least 15 minutes per day. As he headed past a large old oak tree in his backyard a tall person dressed in black from head to toe as a ninja quickly moved from the tree to Jose. The ninja grabbed him from behind, placing one hand over Jose's mouth. Jose tried to get away by screaming and kicking and punching but the ninja was unaffected. Then he heard something.

"Found the girl yet?" a male's deep voice from a crackling old Talkie Walkie said.

"No not yet. I did find a young boy around the age of 7 though. He seems to just be wandering around with no supervision at all. I'm going to keep an eye on him," the ninja reported back.

Oh no thought Jose.

"Let me go," Jose begged. After giving a warning the ninja let go.

"Who's watching you boy?"

"My dad. He's out in the shed right now."

"Better go to your dad then. You shouldn't be running around without an adult like this."

Then Jose ran back to the house and went down to the basement. His heart was pumping and adrenaline flowing from the surprise attack. Hungry, he went over to where the extra food was stored, what is considered for emergency situations only. When he opened the door, he saw a small paled color face with black hair girl eating a can of cherries.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, stunned by the sudden appearance.

"What do you think I'm doing here?" the girl was well aware she was in a stranger's house.

"I don't know, and I don't know you either," he replied.

"I'm hiding," she said, pushing her way out.

"Get out of here."

He made sure the girl left the basement and went outside before relaxing. He was confused though about his meeting with a ninja and the girl that was trespassing his home. Then he decided some exploring would help to let him better understand. The first thing he thought was a good place to explore was the attic, so he headed to the kitchen where there were stairs. Before he reached the kitchen though the front door opened.

"MOM!" he said running to the door.

"Ready for me to make some homemade ice cream?" she asked.

"Yes I am, more than ready."

While Jose watched TV his mom made ice cream. He couldn't wait to eat it all after dinner and completely forgot about what happened until later, that day, he saw that girl again at the park.
© Copyright 2009 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561872-Trapped-inside