*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561873-Where-Were-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1561873
My last conversation with the big guy upstairs
From what I remember in Sunday school, we are all supposed to be your children.  Right? Don’t most parents feel the need to protect their children, both from physical and emotional harm?  I know my parents certainly feel that need and see to it that they do protect myself and my siblings from any harm or distress.  So answer a few questions for me…
Where were you?  Where were you during the Revolutionary War? The Civil War?  Both World Wars? Where were you during the Holocaust?  Why weren’t you there to help “your children” during slavery?  You let all those people suffer and most of them die.  Is that something a parent does? 

On a more personal note, I have a few questions pertaining to my life.  Where were you when my father decided he wanted to split up our family and leave to start a new family?  I don’t remember you protecting my brothers, sisters, and me then?  You let us suffer through a great deal of pain.

Where were you when our house caught fire and burned down during my junior year?  You sure did a great job of protecting “your children” then.  We were left homeless for nearly a year waiting for our home to be rebuilt.  Not to mention all of the personal items that we lost.  All of our belongings, family photos, baby pictures, little league trophies, birth certificates, family heirlooms; all things that I wish I had a chance to get my hands on now.  All things that are very important to a person in their adult life.  They are all destroyed, gone, and irreplaceable because you didn’t think to protect “your children”.

Where were you when my best friend of 20 years, a man who was more like a brother to me than anything else, was taken from this earth in a tragic housefire?  A man that decided he wanted to help others in his community and decided to be a firefighter to help protect “your children”.  Instead you decided not to help and protect him, but to take him from his family; now shattered, his fiancĂ©; stripped of the love of her life, his friends; left without a wonderful friend that acted as an intricate piece of the puzzle that was their group of friends.  Where were you to stop all those people from having to suffer a great loss in their lives?

Where were you when in the matter of a month my apartment was flooded and I was forced to move out, my sweet loving grandmother passed away unexpectedly, the company I work for decided my position wasn’t necessary any longer and I was laid off, and my girlfriend whom I was madly in love with and planned to spend the remainder of my life with decided we weren’t meant to be and broke up with me?  Where were you?  You just let all those things happen to me in such a short time span.  You let me suffer emotionally, monetarily, and mentally. 

Where were you when all the above examples took place?  It is hard for me to believe that you stood by and let these things happen.  You are supposed to protect us, you are supposed to protect “your children”.  I find it completely impossible to believe that any parent would let their children suffer through any of these circumstances. 

With that said, I find it hard to believe in you.
© Copyright 2009 B Money (bchwirut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561873-Where-Were-You