*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562700-Dementia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Psychology · #1562700
How can she believe if she is living in a fantasy?
“What’s the matter? Scared? You going to cry like you usually do?” The boy called back mockingly.

“I never cry!” The girl shouted back, but there was one flaw in her bravado, tears have already started to fall down her cheeks. Who was going to stop her? She cried a lot, especially when Jonathan ran off ahead of her. She hated him with every fiber of her being, when she was not crying, that is.

“Then what are you doing right now? Don’t tell me there is something in your eye.” Jonathan laughed. She always cried when he was just slightly ahead of her, because she thinks he won’t come back. Who was he to blame her; she had already lost her parents. So I guess there was some justification for her crying, although not much.

“Jonathan just wait for me please!” The girl cried out louder than ever before. She was scared to lose him. Scared that he would end up dead just like their parents. Scared that she would never see him smile again.

Jonathan was her twin brother, and the only reason for her living right now. Her family was in a terrible car accident where their car ended up underneath a semi. Her parents didn’t survive, and she couldn’t believe that she and Jonathan did survive. The car was torn in two with the front seats smashed in so badly. The back seat was smashed too, but somehow the two sixteen year old teenagers survived. It is so surprising that they could have, since their family owned such a small car.
It was miraculous that they survived and miraculous that the two of them are living the way they are. Jonathan and she were living together in a small apartment, and the two of them work together at a McDonald’s, although she could never figure out why they forgot to give Jonathan his paycheck. They had a nice comfortable life. That was just the way that she wanted it. No interferences and no complications. Perfect, at least in her eyes.

“Slow down! Why are you running anyways, it’s not like we are going to be late!” The girl screamed at her reckless older brother. He was born first and he never let her live it down. It was only two minutes, but still first. But that is not the only reason that he wouldn’t let her live anything down.

About two months ago they went to see a movie. Typical theaters are dark and it is hard to see sometimes when you get out of the movie. Same deal with her, she can’t see well and walks straight into the guy’s restroom, where the entire football team was. She ran out screaming in embarrassment, Jonathan ran out roaring with laughter. So imagine the rest of her week when the entire school was laughing at her. She never really walked around that entire week, just so people wouldn’t see her embarrassment.

School is where they were headed now. However there was another strange thing about her school as well. None of the students seemed to talk to Jonathan, even though he was well liked, and when she talked to him they gave her an odd look. She couldn’t put her finger on why though. The two of them were best friends. They had to be, no one else would even talk to them.

The teachers also never seemed to call his name in class during roll or class. Even though Jonathan always had the answers first and raised his hand first. She didn’t know why he never got upset either, she would if she was never called on in class. Her being ignored is the one thing that would drive her crazy. Her brother on the other hand, finds it to be total bliss.
© Copyright 2009 Que Sera Sera (windpheonix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562700-Dementia