*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563047-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Maggie
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #1563047
From Ally's point of view. Ally meets the sketchy residents of #43.
              I waited until I was out of ear-shot of Felix and Jason before I squealed with delight.  I couldn't help myself.  I quickly sprinted up two flights of steps, taking them two at a time before I reached to second landing, where there was a window that overlooked the parking lot where Felix and Jason stood standing there, talking.  Felix was holding himself erect and there was a pronounced stiffness in his spine.  Jason had one foot placed behind the other, as though getting ready to bolt at any second.  They both looked as though they'd rather be clawing their own eyes out that having a civil conversation with one another.  Then again, I wasn't really sure that it was all that civil.  Jason had turned his back on Felix and begun to walk away and Felix had run up to him and pulled him back around.  I didn't think that anyone was being told off, exactly.  Felix had on his, 'Be reasonable,' face and Jason...Well, I couldn't read Jason's face.  It seemed to be a sort of cross between scrutiny and curiosity, but I wasn't sure.  His face was harder to read than most people's.  He kept his mouth closed in a hard, straight line and his eyes were locked on the nearest unmoving object.

         I stood there for a long time, watching him, studying him.  Suddenly, slowly and unblinkingly, he looked up to my window and saw me.  I froze.  His eyes traveled the length of my body from the hips up before they found my eyes.  It was as if I was unable to look away; like I was trapped in the path of his gaze by some invisible force.  I was terrified, but of what, I didn't know.  Keeping his eyes locked with mine, he slowly drew the corners of his mouth into a twisted smile.  Lopsided and strangely beautiful, it sent a shiver of fear up my spine.  It took every ounce of strength I had to tear my gaze from his and stagger up another flight of steps to the door of his apartment.  Several moments passed before I felt composed enough to open the door and step in.

*There's more coming.  I just had to give my poor, achy fingers a rest. :)*
© Copyright 2009 Maggie (phoebe23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563047-Chapter-3