*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563993-Drown--part-ii
by Poison
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1563993
2nd part of my short story. Read n review pls!
He sneaked me onto the ship that night. He got me food, water and a blanket and i stumbled after him in the dark as he led me to the ship. It was pitch black, i could hardly see even the ship. He took me to a tiny room, which was almost bare, save a few boxes. There was a little bulb on one wall, but there were no windows. Maybe it was a store room. I didn't ask. I was far too grateful.

He smiled at me before he left, locking the door from the outside, so as to not arouse suspicion-he said.



I felt the boat move a few hours later, i tried to sleep, but spent most of the time thinking instead.

I wondered what would have happened if he hadn't chanced upon me tonight. I would have probably been floating in the sea, bloated up like a balloon.

He saved me.

He was my saviour.

This could be out of some movie. I wondered why he'd stopped. He could have gone on, ignoring the girl with a wild look in her eye and the dirty white cotton dress.

Did he do it because he was kind or because he saw something else in me? Was it fate that we met? Were we destined to meet? Would we have a happy ending like in movies?

Maybe i would fall in love with him.

Maybe i was already in love.

I smiled as i thought about him. His kindly eyes, his eyebrows furrowed with worry. For me. Is it possible that anyone can worry about me?

And he also gave me a chance when no one else did. Maybe i was worth the chance.

I was deeply grateful to him. I clutched the worn blanket to my chest as the ship swayed a bit. I wish i could say him back somehow.



****************************



I love him, i decided later, as i nibbled at a piece of bread.

I love him, but am i worthy of being loved by someone so amazing? Could he love me?

Yes, maybe he could. Maybe it was destiny. Maybe we were soul mates. Maybe we'd get married and live together in Puerto. We'd have 2 kids- a boy and a girl. We'd be hopelessly in love. We'd grow old together and smile at the memory of me, who once, in a white cotton dress was going to jump off a bridge. We'd smile at his courageously sneaking me onto- which ship is this? Onto this ship to Puerto. We'd live together happily.

Forever.



**************************



He came again that night. He got a quilt and some more food with him. He grinned at me as we shared the food under the dim light of the bulb. His grey eyes seemed to sparkle.

After we ate, we set up the quilt on the floor and then lay on it, flat on our backs, looking up at the ceiling. Our arms were almost touching.

I smiled.



"We'll get there in 8 days time." he said, "try and not make a lot of noise... I'm sorry i couldn't make good enough arrangements for you..."

"No, no... Its more than enough. I just want to tell you how grateful i am to you..." i turned my head to look at him "Thank you..." i whispered.

He slowly turned his head to look at me too. My heart skipped a beat. Our faces were so close, i could feel his breath on my face.

I closed the distance.

I kissed him.

And he kissed back.



As he slid the cotton dress off, all i could think of was how maybe we all DID live in fairy tales with happy endings, and how maybe. Just maybe, i'd found mine.
© Copyright 2009 Poison (subohi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563993-Drown--part-ii