*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564185-Pictures-in-the-Rain-1-Coincidence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1564185
First chapter
The first thing I thought of when i woke up this morning was, "what's gonna happen today?" I live in an apartment, by myself, I didn't really have the time or energy to have a roommate. I sat up in my bed. I had black sheets, a black down confidor, that sat in a drop-in frame, the walls were a light blue like the ocean, with wight crown and floor moldings, the back of the door was also painted that color, and the dressers were black and i sanded the paint so it looked worn out and distressed. I got up almost nocking my puppy fawn of the bad. The owner allows pet under a one hundred pound weight limit, thats part f the reason i chose to live here. I always wanted a dog. She was a brindle bull dog and only eight weeks old. I caught her and placed her on the floor, walking to the kitchen. i fed her and walked into the one bathroom. It's painted orange with pale, dark, yellow stripes. and that was it's theme. i hopped in the shower. once I was out I turned on the hair straightner. I walked back to my room in a shower wrap and grabbed my make up bag. I pulled out ivory eye shadow, clear lip gloss, egg plant colored eye liner, foundation, and light pink cheek tint. When the hair staightner was hot i slid it through my silky, shoulder length, choppy layered hair, after I applied the make up. Walking to my closet I grabbed my black cork heels, black dress slacks with the crease down the front of the legs, white tank top, and maroon polo i was required to wear for work.

I walked into the coffee shop i worked at and went behind the swinging door to the back. Putting my stuff away, I walked behind the counter and pulled the new pastries out of the oven. I looked over my shoulder and saw Georgia walk in.

"Hey, your here early." she put her hair in a high pony tail and came around.

"Some one take the cookies and brownies out of the oven!" exclaimed Jay, our boss.

"Are Sam and Alicia working today?" i asked

"Errr....... I think so, they should be here soon." she put a batch of cupcakes and cake in the oven. I maneuvered my way around her and put the rest in the chilled glass container that made up part of the counter. I walked to the door and unlocked it the flipped the sign from closed to open. Usually in the summer kids were running in and out just trying t look for stuff to do. as the official first day of that wonderful season, a few teenagers piled in looking for some caffeine to wake them for work. I washed some of the tables and chairs before they could sit down and fixed the stationary counter against the wall that held the straws, coffee collars, napkins, etc.

"Finally!" I exhaled. Walking to my car i saw Sam just walking in, through the back. I drove to the nearest Arby's, and walked in. I was sick of coffee and scones for lunch, it was time for something new, well sort of. It smelled like roast beef and spiced fries. No one was in here yet so there was no line.

"Hi, how may i help you?" a smiling and tired look cashier said.

"I'll have," i pause to look at the menu, "a number one with fries and a small... no a make it a medium Dr. Pepper."

"Will that be all?"

"Yes thank you." I smiled and took my cup walking to the soda fountain.

"Whoa, sorry i didn't see you." a man with aviators, dimples, and heavily tattooed arms said while smiling.

"It's okay."

"I'm Matt," he said setting his tray down and extending his arm "what's your name?"

"Camron" I smiled, shaking his large warm hand.

"I've never met a girl named Camron before, is that what most people call you?"

"For the most part yeah, but sometimes they'll call me Cami."

"Can I call you that?"

"Ummm..... sure why not." i let go of his hand and grabbed my drink when the cashier called out, "MIss? Your foods ready." a smile was on her face just like before and i took the tray.

"So... do you want to sit with me? Or are you here with some one?" He looked around then back at me.

"Sure." The dimples appeared on his face again and that made me smile more.

"I got to go now. I'm on my lunch break." I stood up and grabbed the tray. I was sad I had to interrupt our conversation.

"Okay I'll see you later then." I went to walk out the door when he grabbed my arm.

"Hey, can I get your number?" I smiled and nodded, excited he asked, because i kinda of liked him. i wrote the number down on a napkin and left.

The rest of the day went by like blur.
© Copyright 2009 Melodica (melodicvoice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564185-Pictures-in-the-Rain-1-Coincidence