*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566274-Powerless
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1566274
A woman entices one man down a path of destruction, or is she more than what she appears.


“Don’t worry. You’ll love it.”  she said smiling. Her fingertips were black as if she had been holding lumps of charcoal. I didn’t mind I was too intrigued, excited, and a little afraid. I watched her sitting there on the edge of the bed in nothing but her bra and panties. I had seen her practically naked at the topless bar where she worked, but sitting here in this little motel room alone was a different story. Of course I wanted to have sex with her. Touch those pale shapely legs and small firm breast but I never expected this. She said it makes sex better... more intense. I hoped that was true.

“So what’s next?” I asked trying to sound less nervous than I really was.

“Hand me the lighter.” she said without looking up.

  I reached over to the scuff-marked nightstand, grabbed the yellow Bic and handed it over.  She smiled as she glanced away from the potion she was expertly mixing. Her emerald green eyes where bright, almost hypnotic. She wasn’t pretty but she was sexy in a sultry kind of way. But I noticed something else behind those eyes, something dangerous, even terrifying.

“Careful. Don’t shake the bed.” She lit the flame and held it beneath the spoon containing the precious mixture of water, baking soda, and cocaine. I gingerly raised myself off the bed and sat on the floor next to those exquisite legs. She focused on her task as if nothing else in the world mattered. The mixture slowly began to boil, and each time she would pull the flame away ever so slightly. She was lost in a world all her own and it seemed she forgot I was even there. I decided to remind her.  I began to rub her legs. They were soft and smooth with just the right amount of firmness.  She smiled, and lowered the spoon so I could see.

“See that oily stuff floating on top?” she asked looking at me for the first time

“Yeah.”

“That’s the coke”

“Wow.” I said, sounding like a schoolboy and instantly regretting it.

  She leaned over toward the nightstand, took the penny she had placed there earlier and began dipping it into the spoon.

“I really know how to cook.”

“I bet you do.”

  She didn’t respond, just sat there admiring the thick white substance now stuck to the edge of the penny. In fact since we had scored the coke, I had become less interesting, or the coke had become more, as if it had somehow possessed her.
  Once she was sure the coke had dried, she scraped some into a glass pipe and handed it over to me with a bright smile.

“You go first. I’ll light it for you.”

  With my heart racing I took the pipe and placed it slowly between my lips. She never took her eyes off me. It was intoxicating.

  In the next few seconds my life changed. The strike of the lighter, followed by the unforgettable sizzling sound, the slow inhaling of smoke, then euphoria, followed by terror. Behind her eyes I saw it and it smiled back at me. The Demon had me and I was powerless.
© Copyright 2009 Joseph Jimerson (jwjimerson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566274-Powerless