*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566363-I-believe
by Evan_N
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1566363
What I believe in.
I believe in kindness and love; I believe in generosity, happiness and subsequently despair. I believe there is good and evil, however we choose to define it, and I believe that our minds are far more powerful than we realize.

I believe life is simply to live, and "purpose" is something we coined and made for ourselves. I believe our choices are what define us, not who or what we believe in. I believe there is more to life than material goods, and yet I understand the hedonistic nature of man. I believe that love and intimacy are the greatest emotional indulgences, simultaneously a miracle cure and a deadly poison.

I believe that our personalities are inherent but we are molded by those who care for us. I believe the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. I believe that we will always be united and divided as long as we live.

I believe in things we can never understand, and that philosophy is nothing but an impossible, intellectual search for a truth that is impossible to ever find. An exercise in futility has seldom been so eloquent.

I believe that we must live within the boundaries of our lives and treat others with respect as we cleanse ourselves from toxic acquaintances. I believe those who do evil should not be subject to fame and fortune for their actions and everyday heroes do not get the honor they deserve.

I believe that we are all the same, regardless of our skin or birthplace. I believe we will never live in peace, but I believe in the spirit of benevolence and the ideal of a peaceful, loving world. However, I do not hold my breath for it.
© Copyright 2009 Evan_N (evan_n89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1566363-I-believe