*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567068-The-Secret-Cant-Be-Forgotten
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1567068
Chap 1. Alex and Annie learn a dreadful family secret that can't be exposed nor forgotten.
The wind whistled on Saturday night. Alex and Annie were tired form a 892 mile journey back from Strawberry Island, Washington where their horrid dad lived.

They hated their dad. They thought that he was a worthless scumbag who deserved absolutely no love. All he did was party and drink.

"Alex?" Annie asked her fraternal twin brother that night. "Do we ever have to go see dad again?"

Before Alex could answer, their mother stepped in and did.

"No. I never should have kept this secret for so long!" She burst into tears.

"Kept what?" Alex and Annie asked in unison.

Calming herself down, their mother explained it all. "As you both know, I was young when I had you. I didn't know what I had got myself into. You see I was young and in love. But it wasn't your "father" who I was in love with. It was a man by the name of Jeremiah Longfellow. He was kind and lovely and very devoted to me as I was to him. One night, we had a terrible fight. It ended up so bad I went and slept with a man who had wanted me to be his wife all along. That's when I concieved you two. I was afraid and vulnerable. He took advantage of me, but it was mostly my fault. He ran away when I told him that he was going to be a father. Then, Jeremiah took me in, but never once did we love each other the same as we had before. It was devastating. Finally he married me, saying that he was going to live in a different house, and that he wanted you to over every summer until you were eighteen. I agreed, for I had no money. He parties and drinks for he is upset with me, that I chose your real father over him."

"He is not our real father?" Alex and Annie had a scared look on their face.

"No. He is my past love. I hate the way he has mistreated you and you will never see him again." She replied. "But most of all, I hate myself for getting you two into this horrid mess."

With that, she left the room sobbing heavily.
© Copyright 2009 mackenzie ryan (heartwords2014 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567068-The-Secret-Cant-Be-Forgotten