*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567430-Piece-by-Piece
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1567430
Room to Write by Bonnie Goldberg: Piece by Piece Exercise page 7 :)
What will I be?


The wind wanted to be more than it started out to be. “What will I be?”

The wind blew itself into cities and towns. “What will I be?”

The wind took avenues and alleys. “What will I be?”

The wind took a man’s hat, a woman’s umbrella, a child’s kite. “What will I be?”

The wind left the cities and towns and roamed the countryside. “What will I be?”

The wind took leaves from trees and danced with them. “What will I be?”

The wind took dust from fields and tossed it about. “What will I be?”

The wind swept through the tall grasses and made them sway. “What will I be?”

The wind gathered a young girl’s hair in its hands and twisted it. “What will I be?”

The wind swept out over open waters. “What will I be?”

The wind moved the water in frothy white. “What will I be?”

The wind took a sail and billowed it full. “What will I be?”

The wind brought the water up to spray laughing faces. “What will I be?”

The wind grew stronger as it went and so it moved faster. “What will I be?”

The wind took larger collections of water and made them stand taller. “What will I be?”

The wind felt great joy at its wondrous strength. “What will I be?”

The wind saw a distant shore. “What will I be?”

The wind raced toward it…faster…faster. “What will I be?”

The wind saw people staring out toward it. “What will I be?”

The wind picked up water and tossed it toward the shore. “What will I be?”

The wind heard the people cheer and watched as they lay upon their boards, rapidly paddling toward the sea. “What will I be?”

The wind watched as the people turned in the water and rose up on the water it had tossed. “What will I be?”

The wind marveled at the joy its play could bring. “What will I be?”

The wind played for hours until it grew tired and weak. “What will I be?”

The wind drifted softly over the shore and into the town. “What will I be?”

The wind moved through alleys and avenues. “What will I be?”

The wind wanted to be more than it started out to be. “What will I be tomorrow?”





June 3, 2009 Piece by Piece writing exercise page 7
© Copyright 2009 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567430-Piece-by-Piece