*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567614-Whisper-of-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1567614
a new fairytale awaits you with your dream man riding in a white unicorn.
                                                        Whisper of Rose

                                                    By Lizelle T. Tabaquero



      “Let your imaginations fly you all over again, where new  fairytale whispers about red roses…”



      Alarm clock is already waking me up ,so I should prepare for my class. I’m Luna … Luna Daphne … I’m a 3rd year college student at  Harvard University  and my course is Journalism. Today is another day  for me. So I should keep a positive outlook in my life even though  every day  for me seems not fine.

      As I step into our door going to the dining room I saw Mom secretly crying while preparing  our breakfast. It makes me felt sad. Maybe Mom remembers my Dad and she still love him. I don’t want to say this but you should know that we are a broken family now.

      When I entered the dining room, Mom  quickly wipes her tears. I only smiled at her, so that she will not  feel sadness, then I compliment her for cooking such a delicious food. I know that doing this simple thing can make her happy. She said that Laarny, my older sister, went to work early in the morning.

      After kissing Mom, I rode  in the train going to my school. It took 2 hours before I came. It’s already 7:30 am in the morning and I’m not still late. So I take time to have a walk alone going to the famous wishing well in our school’s park. I throw my  1 peso coin and make a wish when no one is around.

      “ Dear blessed God of  clear well, please grant my two wishes. I wish to have a prince charming who will love me forever and to have a complete family in the future.” I said quietly. Then suddenly after saying those words someone taps my right shoulder. I was surprised! It was Miss Lim, the respected school director of this prestigious school.

“Good morning Madame…” I greeted her while waving my left hand.

Good morning too. Today the clouds seems to be so good and the flowers here were blooming beautifully… She said while looking in the sky and flowers.

“Oh, yes! The red roses here were all so beautiful! All plants were cared properly and the wishing well was so clear. Even the statue of angels here were in the right position.”

That’s why I truly like this place … I replied spontaneously at her.

Good… Come here if you want.  You are always welcome here. Miss Lim gladly said.

      I was so shy. It’s my first time to have a little conversation with her. So I decided to go in my classroom. Miss Lim is such a pretty woman. She’s as old as my Mom but she looks under 40 years old. My Mom is 53 right now, as old as my dad, and she’s not pretty anymore. However, in my eyes she’s the most beautiful mother of all and I 100% love her.

      “Oh, no… “ I’m now in my room and the atmosphere is not good. It started when Steven breaks with Lara which is my girly rich classmate. Everyone in the class maybe hates me because Lara said that I’m her boyfriend’s grabber .

      It’s not my fault if Steven likes me and he is now courting me. I think like him too but I’m not telling anyone yet because I’m totally confuse right now. My best friend  Trixia is the only one who does not blame me. However, she doesn’t want Steven for me.

      It is every day, I am looking in the window of this library after class to read some books  written by Lizelle Tabaquero, my favorite inspiring author. I somehow dream about her cute fairytale stories. One of the best stories she wrote was the Freezing Tears 1 about Freedert’s adventure and love.

      The story is like a movie inside my imagination. It was related in my life. I can compare Steven to Wake and  I am Freedert. However Lara is not like Jayzel. She’s an ambitious brat girl while Jayzel is a nice girl in the story who have illness. “Ah, how I wish to have a happy ending like that.”

    “Oh, I forgot !...”

    I should go home quickly because I will be late again. I want to eat lunch together with my Mom and sister. I’m the one who must lead our opening prayer before eating.

    While I am returning the books, my enemy is now here. She brought two of her fellows. She touches my hair and squeezes my hands tightly. It hurts and everyone there saw it. I tried not to fight but It is too much, so I also attacked her.

    They were three and no one around me wants to stop them from hurting me because they were scared. Until Trixia helped me and joined the fight.

    Different things started to happen when suddenly one of them is going to throw the chair at my back. I saw everything from the blink of my two eyes. They stopped from moving, even the clock s stopped from rotating. What happened here? I gaze at the window and I suddenly felt a serious aura of a person.

    I don’t know things about magic but I can tell if someone is looking at me. I can tell if he or she is there from faraway or not and I think someone is there for me, protecting me silently… Thank God, he saves me. He gives me a chance to escaped and save my friend.

    After a few minutes, we are called by the School ‘s Guidance Office. Happy to say this, I am not banned because Lara and her company were the  main root of  fight. Everyone in the class returns their trust to me and angered Lara. After that I was brought to clinic and Steven came here for me.

      I looked at my watch and it’s been 6:00 pm. This means that I am late again and again. Me and Trixia ride in the train. She silently talks to me about Steven. She said that I should give him up because Lara loves him so much and it is not good to love a guy who can’t run away from his past.

    “Yeah, you’re right… I will think about it if I’m ready. Steven is actually not the type of guy that I like. I hate sports minded person and in fact he is not a simple looking guy.” I said to her while smiling, though I know that my tongue is lying.

      I finally went home and they were all sleeping. So I ate food silently while remembering the sadness of  today. I am crying while reading Mom’s note in the refrigerator. It said, it’s okay to go home late but make sure that you know how to take care of yourself because we worry so much.

    When I entered my room,  I was surprised to  see my door going to our terrace open. I thought I locked it up before I went to school. There I saw a piece of red rose that gladdens my heart. Whoever put it here is maybe a kind person who admired me for who I am.

    I put it alone in my flower vase. Before I go to sleep I look at it for 5 minutes because it was so beautiful.  Good night, Mr. Red… I said quietly. Then suddenly when I closed my eyes I heard a “whisper of rose” . Have a sweet dreams… He said gently said in my ears.

      Another morning is today. This time I should start a new life. I studied hard and read books in the library. I ignored Lara’s presence and I have a right time to bond with my classmates. I now went home early in the evening. Mom , Laarny, and I eat together. Lastly, it is always every night I received a piece of rose in front of my terrace door. I wonder who is that person?

        In one month ,it was almost a bouquet of roses that stock in my many flower vases. Those roses don’t  easily fade its beauty and fragrance. My Mom asked me about that but I said that I bought all of those for a low price.

      One day I decided to ask Steven about that. This is what he said.

“Hmm… A piece of red rose every night? Cheap!… It’s impossible to be me. If I were that I will give you a bouquet of roses everyday and not one piece.”

      Now, I know that Steven is not the person who gives me those roses. After hearing what he said I was offend at him because I don’t like hearing a boastful words from a guy.

      It’s so fun to be with Trixia, especially when we went to the mall together and stayed in the public park of our town where we can sleep in the garden’s grass and talk many things about our secrets. I told her about it and she was amazed. She also wish to have an admirer like me.

      Trixia, I think you are right. Steven is not the right guy for me. I said.

    “Hmm… Why did you said that?” She asked.

    I’m sorry for not telling you the truth. I really like Steven and  though I hate some of his personalities I still like him. But… But… I said in a low vice.

  “ But, why?” She added.

    But I’m not  the girl who fits him. I’m not a pretty woman like Lara. Soon he’ll find out that I’m not comfortable of having a boyfriend and  he might rejects me because I don’t like what he likes. Trixia, I don’t even want to hurt other woman because of my wants. I sadly said.

    “Oh, Luna, of course you’re right!” I will always be here for  you. Give him up to those who want him. There are other guys who can love you better.  Trixia said while comforting me.

      I’m again here at my favorite place, in  the library. I’m reading another short story written by  Lizelle Tabaquero. The title is “ Doraemon is My Cupid”. This story is about Fritz Roy,  a man from the future, who fall in love with Luiza the girl loved by his grandpa from past, named Conrad.

    Luiza is a girl who supposed to die early but Fritz changed her destiny by saving her though he knows that his objective for going in the past is to bring Luiza in the future before his grandpa die. Doraemon was involved in their love story because all of Fritz gadgets was made by Doraemon’s production.

      I am surprised to see Steven here with a bouquet of white roses. He gave it to me but I don’t accept it. In contrast, I break his heart. I told him to go away from me and return to Lara because I already like someone else. After that,  when I ride in the train I can’t stop crying because of my heartache.

“ Luna, You should not cry, you did the right thing. You are brave and you know that …” I said to myself.

      I saw the whole thing . He puts the bouquet of roses in the garbage and finds Lara to show me how much  I lost many things in my life without him. Yes, you know that It’s my decision and I’m not going to admit that I am wrong.

      Back to my home there is no rose. Maybe my admirer  forgot it a little hour. I sleep soundly in my room, but suddenly I heard someone opened my room’s door from the terrace. I acted like I’m sleeping, therefore my eyes were closed. However, when he turned back I opened my eyes and gazed at him.

    He was a man with a curly hair, tall, and wearing a formal suit. Something amazed me. He knows magic because he can open and locked my door without using any key. Just something magical… I don’t even see his face but I think he is a handsome guy with angelic face.

    Because of my curiousness I decided to planned everything from how I can see him. I went late at home and I don’t exchange my uniform clothe. I hide from my wardrobe’s side. When he finally came and left my room, I immediately went outside my house. There, I saw him walking in the road like a man with simplicity.

      I followed him inside the forest. He enters a mysterious cave using his white horse. Though I’m so scared I tried to go inside the darkness. Here I see another  world. Another forest, but it’s morning not evening. I wonder where he is, so I walk till I’m totally lost and I saw two hungry creatures, looks like fish monster with human body.

    I run so fast so that they won’t get me, but I’m still slower than them. The one grabbed me and smells my neck, pointing his sharp teeth in me. “I’m so scared. Is this my end?” I shouted helped. Thank God, Mr. admirer heard me. He turned the monsters into sands by means of touching them.

    When I first saw his face, I felt that he is like Prince Charming. He is totally cute. His black formal  suit and posture adds to his grateful appearance. Not only that, he is so strong and very powerful. I am so scared , so he hugs me and said that I’m now safe because he is here for me.

    I stand up and look at his white horse. I am surprised it was now a white unicorn and it was my first time to see that. He told me that I should go home but I refused because I want to have a walk together with him in the forest. He accepted my request and he said that he will bring me to his home.

    “Come… ride with me in my unicorn…” He said while charmly at me.

    Hmm… That unicorn is pretty good to see, but I’m scared of riding horse, I’ve already experience to be injured because of the horse’s wrong movement. I replied seriously.

Upon hearing that, he suddenly stand in an impressing gentleman position at me with a gorgeous smile.

      Okay, if you don’t like riding I will walk together with you. Let me escort you for a long walk… He said.

      I think I was impressed, so I thanked him and let him joined me . However when we entered  the wide river, there was no way out but to only ride his flying unicorn. Even if I’m scared I tried to be brave while he was  guiding me. In the sky, I saw many people also riding with unicorns. This place was so cool!

    Finally, we arrived in his home. Aside from his attractive appearance, his place was also perfectly nice. I can see lots of red roses planted all around and some big mirrors in his garden. So wide and looks like I’m in a fairyland. Butterflies are also flying peacefully. “Oh, I think I will love this place.”So beautiful!

Do you like my place? He asked.

“Of course I like it! You can have your own  flower shop !” I replied loudly.

Hmm… Thanks… All these red roses are yours. You can pick some any time you want. He said.

“Ah, thank you. I love red roses, but I don’t want to pick some. All I want is to look and smell it.” I said happily.

Certainly… Let’s go inside my house. He said.

    I’m so incredibly amazed again by his home. I can say that it is like a mini castle outside but inside it is full of different kinds of clock. All you can hear are the “tick tacks- tick tacks” sounds.

Wow! How many clocks do you have? I asked.

About  500… This biggest one is the time hear while the others are the time from different dimensions and countries in your world. He said while pointing.

“Ah, so you value time?” I said.

Yes, because time is gold… He replied.

  The sofa  and also his bedroom are also different. Those are made of  furs with the color white and black. When I sit there, I heard a sound of cats and I was shocked to see many white cats sleeping.

  The cats are all cute. You also took cared for them? I asked.

  Certainly..They are my pets. He said.

  I love cats, but my sister does not want cats in our house because she hate it. I replied.

  That day is very amazing for me though I felt that I’m too tired, I still have fun asking him and looking in his house, but my body suddenly wants to take rest and when I closed my eyes I begin to sleep. Today is day  while in our world is night, maybe that’s why my body shut down.

  My alarm is ringing now…  It’s now morning. I’m in my home and I wonder if the thing that I saw last night was real or I am only dreaming. One thing makes me curious, why am I still wearing my uniform? Maybe,  It is true. I know …I met the guy who always brought me a piece of rose every night.

  One night he came again but I forgot it because  I slept early. He left  a rose with one cat. I was surprised to see those beside my door. I showed the cat to Mom and she likes it, though my sister is in contrasts to adopt it, she still wants to have a pet in our house.

  I am very happy to know that he is not a dream. I should see him again in the evening.  So I again planned not to sleep. This time, I act like sleeping in that whole night to wait for him. When he came and go, I followed him silently, but he is too fast. So I run and called him in the road till he heard me.

  He turned his back, like a man who never makes any mistake to make a woman cry. He looked at me with an expressful eyes telling me how happy he is to see me again. It makes me smile while he was also smiling with me.

  Before you returned to your home.” I want to ask you if I can again visit your home?” I asked.

  Yes, I’m allowing you to be there again. Anytime you want I can escort you for a walk. He replied.

  Thanks…Thanks for the cat I received it last night. I said.

  Your welcome. Your happiness is my happiness too. He said.

  One more thing, I love all of the red roses you every night gave. I have now almost many in my room. Thank you so much… “ Why did you always give me rose?” I asked.

Because for me, you are like a red rose that makes me complete, night by night. He sweetly said.

I forgot to ask you your name. Who are you? I asked.

My name is Peabox. He said.

Nice name… Call me Luna. That is my name. I said.

      After that, I silently went home and sleep. Everything is now clear to me. Peabox is my prince. I don’t know if he is a vampire,  wizard,  fairy, alchemist, or even a ghost, but two things I know, I like him and  the wishing well granted my first wished.

    Every night he always left red rose in my room  and while I’m sleeping he is looking at me. I one night left a piece of note for him with a words saying, please allow me to go in your world because I love to see it again. I wear my red beautiful dress and make myself  beautiful because for me it is like a date.

    He went early in that night and I am happy. He said that I look beautiful, then he escort me before we go to his home. When we went there, I saw two persons, man wearing an eyeglasses together with a pretty woman with a butterfly’s wings.

Who are they? I asked.

Ah, they are my friends. That man is Rune, he is a wizard like me,  and that woman is Fixie, she is a Fairy from the Erbs. Peabox  explained.

Ah, It means that you are a wizard and this world is like a fairyland. I said while thinking.

Certainly… He replied.

Nice to meet you girl! That red dress fits Peabox’ garden of red roses. Fixie said nicely.

Peabox finally finds a woman in his heart. I’m his childhood best friend. If someone of you needs help, just call me. You can see me always in your city. My work there is a tourists guide.  Rune said.

Please to meet both of you. So you are also going in my world. I said.

Absolutely! Your world is also our world. He replied.

    Peabox  and I together with the two stroll in the Fairyland. I saw different things there, like a group of wizards practicing in the palace with some water that cannot be touch and a I saw goblins  playing with some green cute elves. The statutes are also talking and moving but not changing its place.

    What I like the most are the small stars flying with different glowing colors. Peabox said that do not touch it but I touch it. When I touch it, all the flying stars chase us and I think that it was so fun because Peabox and I kept on laughing when we escaped safely.

    When I go home, Peabox shows me an expressful smile. It makes me also smiles back at him. I can feel his heart during that moment. I think he loves me so much.

“Peabox, will you promise me to always bring a piece of rose every night  forever?” I said.

Luna, yes, I will do, till my hairs are gray and I am as old as you. He said in a promising voice

Thank you… I think I can sleep soundly again. I replied.

    When I look in my clock, it’s already 9:00 in the evening. I’ve realized that one day in fairyland is one hour in my world. I can’t believe that I am surrounded by magical things, it all started when I received roses from Peabox.

    One week was past and me and Peabox always see each other every night. My birthday is approaching. It is one day to go. He promised to be there for me at morning, dated October 10, which is thursday.

    When my birthday celebration started, he didn’t not came. I wonder why?  I waited all night but he didn’t  came again and there is no rose left in my room. I felt sad but not because of that, it’s for a reason that he never showed for a long time at me. It is almost 2 weeks. I really miss him.



   



       





       



-sorry, not yet finish, to be continue...
© Copyright 2009 whitespiritclan (tabaquero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567614-Whisper-of-Rose