*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567842-SO-DO-I
by horses
Rated: E · Prose · Animal · #1567842
just a dream of a unicorn very short ... i ve just got round to re editing it lol
The truth; how it haunts those that seek it forever - just out of reach but so close one CAN BUT taste it - as the PERSISTENTfeeling that has added so much but in the end has given so little.

As I look out from a house window I see them at play, forever prancing and dancing under the crisp star lit night. If AS a dream, that has no end. But sleeping not, and yet what I see I know it STILL to be only a dream.

What is real? That of the wakening from the dream, who knows? I know not what I see to be real or a dream. I KNOW that the lingering joy and THE ever growing need to be amidst them, as they dance under this star lit night IS REAL.

As THE echoes yet beckon me out to dance with them; as the sun creeps back into the sky bringing its light - looking back - all that I leave is an empty house and a dream that once I had.

Now I go to live with that which had taken my heart as the echoes vanish at first light so then do I!
© Copyright 2009 horses (mrmad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567842-SO-DO-I