*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568168-Lesson-4-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1568168
Create a character
Margie's faced burned with apprehension as she made her way through security. What if they think I am trying to smuggle contraband on board? Will they think my hand lotion is explosive? She grabbed up her bag and went to sit on the chairs nearby to get her shoes back on. I'll never get these shoes laced up in time to get to the departure lounge before the boarding starts. Oh, God. What if they leave without me?. She dropped her big purse and the contents spilled out. Tears threatened to explode from her eyes. I'm gonna be late, I know I will be late.

Entering the lounge, Margie saw all the seats taken. She inches over to stand with her back against the wall. The sound of planes taking off waft through the lounge and Margie's stomach turns over. Oh, god. Please keep this plane safe. She began to fidget just as the attendant came on the intercom. "Flight 106 will be delayed for a few minutes while they check the hydraulics. We'll get you on as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience."

"Okay." I wonder if this is a sign I shouldn't get on the plan?. Maybe I should just leave and go home. Her hands began to sweat.

She began to sway slightly from side to side as she sang to herself,
"Hush little baby, don't you cry.
Momma's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in our town."

By the time passengers began to board flight 106, Margie had sung her little song 34 times and felt much calmer.

(280)
© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568168-Lesson-4-2