*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568642-Bloody-Money-Prologue
Rated: ASR · Script/Play · Crime/Gangster · #1568642
Wonder what the US would be like if a terrorist org. rose to power and overthrew the gov.?
FADE IN

EXT. SMALL RUN-DOWN MOTEL - SOMEWHERE NEAR WASHINGTON D.C. - NIGHT

A tall neon sign with the word ‘Motel’ in blue on the top, the letter ‘M’ flickering rhythmically, flashes the word VACANCY in red on the bottom.

Three large raccoons inspect a dumpster at the edge of the motel parking lot, one sitting on top poking its nose through a slim opening, taunted by the tantalizing smell of dinner, so close, but just out of reach. The other two sniff around on the ground for scraps.

Four loud gunshots ring out in quick succession, and the raccoons scurry off in to the night to continue scavenging for food elsewhere.

As a body comes crashing through a large window and lands in a heap on the ground outside, a single red curtain is flung out of the window frame and whips about for a moment before settling on the outside ledge.

A tall man, dressed in black, his face shrouded in darkness, jumps into the empty window frame. He clutches a pistol in his left hand.

Light pours out of the room and casts his shadow over the dead body that lay crumpled before him.

He reaches beside him and grabs the red curtain, brings it towards himself and wipes something off of his face, presumably sweat. Perhaps the blood of the deceased. Maybe both.

He steps down from the window frame and approaches the body.

MAN IN BLACK
Yes, I do.

Whether out of caution or shear brutality, he points the pistol at the man’s head and fires two additional shots.

Satisfied, he holsters the gun. He checks his wristwatch. It’s on the timer setting, counting down. It reads: 2min:41 sec.

MAN IN BLACK
(to dead body)
Well, it certainly has been a pleasure, but I must be going.

He begins to walk calmly around to the front of the building, the shattered glass making a CRUNCH beneath his feet.

CUT TO:

EXT. FRONT OF MOTEL

A red Harley is parked on the side of the road.
The Man In Black approaches it and gets on. The lights flick on and the engine roars to life. He revs it twice, and starts driving off in to the night.

Behind him, the motel suddenly explodes with a titanic
BOOM, the resulting fireball illuminating the area around it momentarily. Bits of burning debris are thrown upward and out.

The Man In Black swerves, dodging a large piece of burning debris that lands on the road in front of him with expert skill and continues to drive off.
© Copyright 2009 Darbonne (darbonne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568642-Bloody-Money-Prologue