*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568847-Bloody-Money-Part-III
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Crime/Gangster · #1568847
Part III, and the conclusion to Act I. Act II coming soon, Act III in the making.
CUT TO:

EXT. - BLOCKED-OFF ROAD SECTION - DAY

Two of the six federal agents stand guard at the roadblock, one on either side of it. They stand motionless. Multiple news vans are already parked just a short way away, their respective reporters and TV crews waiting impatiently.

In the distance, the convoy of police cars as well as the lone firetruck come in to view.

At first just one of the reporters, a young, brunette female news anchor by the name of LAURETTA STEVENSON notices. It takes but moments for the rest of the reporters and crews to catch on.

The different TV crews fiddle around hastily with their respective equipment- booms, camera’s, etc, while the reporters focus more on themselves, Lauretta paying particularly close attention to her long and wavy dark brown hair.

LAURETTA
How do I look?

CHANNEL 14 CAMERA MAN
(Monotonously, looking through his camera)
Spectacular.

Lauretta, unsatisfied by the single-word response, rolls her eyes and continues to mess with her hair. She runs her fingers through it several times, and fluffs it up a bit.

Around them, similar scenarios were taking place with the other TV crews simultaneously.

Behind them all, the first patrol car slows down almost to a complete stop about 15-20 feet from the roadblock.

The two federal agents on guard both start to clear away the roadblock and the patrol car goes through, followed by a second patrol car inhabited by Danny and Wyatt.

Several of the TV crews suddenly begin packing up their things, loading in to their vans, and drive along behind the first few police cars.

As those and other vehicles, including the firetruck, go through, the last car is brought to a halt right as it is about to clear the roadblock. It is the car that the Chief of Police and Officer Parker are in.

CUT TO:

INT. - PATROL CAR - DAY

DERRICK
(in the driver’s seat)
No..No..No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

CHIEF WEST
What’s happened? Why have we stopped? Keep going!

DERRICK
I don’t know sir, it shouldn’t have run out of gas..

Derrick wipes a thin layer of dust off of the car’s gas gauge with his thumb and taps it.

CHIEF WEST
Well?

DERRICK
I..I don’t know, I..

CHIEF WEST
Ohhh, Christ.

Derrick looks up to see what West is talking about and sees the herd of TV crews advancing towards them, reporters ready, cameras up and running.

CUT TO:

EXT. - BLOCKED OFF ROAD-SECTION - DAY

One of the two guards steps forward to confront the reporters and prolong their assault on West and Derrick.

The other one jogs over to the car where the two remain seated and opens the door on the driver side.

FEDERAL AGENT #5
Officers, you need to get out of the car right now. I’ve already called for backup, someone from the crime scene should be down here in no time to escort you back to your station.

DERRICK
(gets out of car, closes door behind him) Thank you so much! What about them? (points to the reporters, momentarily satisfied with the other agent)

FEDERAL AGENT #5
Don’t mention it. My colleague will hold them off for a couple of minutes until whoever agents Kane and Brown send down here to pick you boys up arrives. And really, don’t mention it. Ever.

CHIEF WEST
(gets out of the passenger seat of the car and walks around)
We understand.

FEDERAL AGENT #5
I certainly hope you do.

CUT TO:

EXT. - RUINED MOTEL - DAY

A cell phone rings. Several agents check to see if it is theirs, and Agent Kane discovers that he’s the one being called.

STANLEY
Come on, what the fuck is wrong now!?

Stanley flips open the phone and holds it up to his ear.

STANLEY
What!?

Tanner glances at Stanley. He mouths the words ‘What is it?’ to Stanley, who holds up the ‘wait a minute’ signal.

STANLEY
Are you fucking kidding me? Don’t answer me when I ask you a question like that god damn it! Just keep them busy, someone will be there to pick them up momentarily. What? No, I have things to do here! You should be happy I’m sending ANYONE to drive that old man and the nigger home to begin with! I’ll speak however the hell I want to! Good. Alright, yeah. Bye.

No sooner than Stanley finishes his conversation and hangs up the phone does Tanner interject.

TANNER
What the hell was that?

STANLEY
Ah, one of the cop cars broke down or some shit. You there, maggot!

Three of the other agents look up.

STANLEY
You, the one in the middle.

A look of fear suddenly envelops the agents face.

STANLEY
Grab up one of the cars and get down the road ASAP, one of the cars broke down and we don’t want the media getting their hands all over this just yet. Move it.

Relief washes over the agents face, as if he expected something horrible to happen to him. Of course, agents who went on special assignments under Agent Kane’s authority usually had horrible things happen to them.

He jogs off, climbs in the car and speeds away.

CUT TO:

EXT. - BLOCKED OFF ROAD-SECTION - DAY

A car comes flying down the road and swerves aside to a stop, less than ten feet away from Chief West, Derrick, and the federal agent.

A small amount of dust is kicked up.

The front window rolls down.

FEDERAL AGENT #6
Get in.

Chief West and Derrick get in the back seat of the car, and it drives around the roadblock, the parked news vans, and down the road.
© Copyright 2009 Darbonne (darbonne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568847-Bloody-Money-Part-III