*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569011-Gift-Point-Etiquette
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1569011
When in doubt.............
I recently received gift points for a short story I had written.  I was of course extremely thankful for the gift and the sentiment behind it.  The reviewer took extreme care in reading my work and providing me with very honest and constructive feedback.

There was a problem, however.

I was so appreciative of the review that I wanted to send the reviewer gift points, but I thought by sending the gift points I was in a sense returning the gift given to me. This would be rude, I thought.  Thus, I started to ponder the idea of gift point etiquette.  I read "Gift Points Info to gain some insight into my dilemma.  While, I did find some informative and helpful information, I was still left wondering what I should do.  Ultimately, I sent the reviewer a heartfelt thank you for the gift points and review.

I have been a member of Writing.Com since August of 2008, however not very active.  I recently started becoming more familiar with the Writing.Com community and what it has to offer; herein I have found a veritable solution to my dilemma.

I have come up with my own gift point etiquette, which I will use from now on.  There are different ways in which gift points can be used to extend appreciation, recognition, support, and admiration for a job well done.

Donate – If the reviewer has a contest or a charity and is in need of gift points this is a great way to show appreciation and support.

Merit Badges – A great way to show appreciation for a review, which was in-depth, helpful, insightful, and
encouraging.

Awardicons – A great way to honor a story, poem, contest, or any other item, which has profound impact on the reader.

C-Notes – A thoughtful way to say Thank You or congratulations.

Low on Gift Points:
1.  It is safe to say that most writers at Writing.Com want people to read their work and offer feedback that can help them improve their craft.  If receiving a great review from someone, the best way to show your appreciation is to reciprocate. 

2.  A simple Thank You can go a long way; words expressed with true sincerity have great value themselves. 




© Copyright 2009 anastasia beyverhausen (moisie75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569011-Gift-Point-Etiquette