*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569638-Alien-Abduction
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #1569638
Just a fictional description of a strange experience.....
Awake, I lie in the warmth of our bed, the heat from our two bodies, making it so.  I'm content, yet still not asleep, as usual.  Insomnia, my "friend" for a good few months now, lies in the bed with us, like an uninvited guest.

My ears are alert, as per usual, listening to the sounds of the night.  The wind, the distant voices, the cars, the nocturnal animals, they are all there making my mind wander to thoughts of, what was that?..oh it's just that damn cat again...

As I lie there, in my state of inquisitiveness, there's a sound, unfamiliar to me.  I cannot explain what it was, it wasn't loud, it wasn't quiet or I wouldn't have heard it, yet it was there all the same, now logged in my brain as it searches through the files that contain the records of what I should be hearing....no matches were found, on that strange, strange sound.

Then, just as I am about to forget, I feel I am slipping into slumber.  "At last" is my first thought, although I don't normally feel this aware of the sensation of sleep.  It's usually the turmoil of awakeness followed by the morning alarm bleep!

But this feeling is different, it's calming, it's in me.  I feel my mind floating, yet I'm grounded as I can still feel the warm presence of my husband beside me.  So I succumb to the feeling, as it's enticing and revealing, maybe this is what it feels like, in the moment you cross from the waking world into sleep.

The sensation continues, for my head to my feet, I feel warmer and glowing, I feel strange, yet complete.  I try to stir, for a moment, just to gather my thoughts but no movement is possible.  My body can't be felt.  I am me, I am here but I am inside me, that is clear...but why can't I move? Why can't I speak?.."Don't worry with these questions", was that me?...did I just speak?

I start to begin to see, not with my eyes, but within me....I see colours and shapes, I feel feelings that I cannot explain.  I'm not scared, I'm not happy, I'm not sad, I'm not worried, I'm me....purely me, like I can see my own soul.  It's not how I imagined, there's no gaping hole, there are patterns and sounds, there is movement and signs, nothing's rigid, nothing's solid, everything is fluid and familiar to me.

My questions, they stop.  I am no longer a body lying in a bed, but a spiritual being, an apparition instead! I feel eyes, there not mine, looking at me, right into me, not prying or staring, just absorbing and saying "This is you, take a look, remember this moment, don't forget what you've seen, you are you, wer are us, we are not human beings."

There is a moment of clarity, a moment of truth, where I can see myself completely, I can see myself understood.

Then slowly, very slowly, I become aware of my body again, from my skin to my hair.  I am a body again, but I'm still underneath, I start to feel the warm sensation, from the red cotton sheets.

I try hard to remember what had just been said to me, but everything is now happening fast, I'm aware and not asleep....I turn to look at my husband lying next to me, did I move, did he speak, was this all just a dream?

I listen, very hard, to the noises again, but they are familiar once more to the sounds I hear all the time.  I don't know what to feel, disappointment or fear, what hell just happened..."One day it will all become clear", I hear...where from?  I look around again, there is nothing unusual...I try to rationalise with myself, I am losing control, the lack of sleep and darkness has made me imagine voices inside my head!

I shake from the dream, as I know tend to call it, it's okay, I'm not hurt and it's okay there's no logic, but one things for certain, I will never forget, the feeling of seeing myself, true and exposed, this will stay with me forever, with wonder and no regret.

I tell no one of my tale, for fear of humiliation and laughter, but that doesn't matter, for one day, I know, it will all become clear...
© Copyright 2009 Hazyfantazy (hazyfantazy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569638-Alien-Abduction