*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570287-DINNER-WITH-SEAN-PENN
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1570287
This is a short story about a charity dinner gone bad
DINNER WITH SEAN PENN

    Tonight, my girlfriend and I are going to a dinner.  There will be a lot of people at the dinner we are going to, including the famous actor, Sean Penn.  The dinner invitation read, DINNER WITH SEAN PENN.  The dinner is a charity, and all of the money raised will be going toward saving children who have lost their parents to mental illnesses.  My girlfriend is friends with the people who are hosting the charity dinner, and that is how we got invited to go to it.

    When we get to the dinner, there is valet at the entrance of the hotel where the dinner is being held.  I tell my girlfriend not to get out of the car when we arrive, because I want to be a gentleman and open the door for her.  By the time I get to the other side of the car it’s too late, one of the valet people has opened the door for her.  I decide to do the next best thing, and extend my hand toward hers, and help her out of the car. 

    Janice, my girlfriend, looks great, and I am proud to be her escort at the dinner.  The two of us enter the hotel, holding hands, and smiling at the other people attending the dinner as we make our way into the hotel. 

    All of a sudden, ten men dressed in suits with black ski masks pulled over their heads and machine guns in their hands appear in the hotel lobby with the intent of taking hostages.  One of the men fires of a round from his machine gun.  Everyone in the lobby screams.  Men and women hit the floor, trying to avoid being shot.  Janice looks at me, bewildered. 

    I am scared.  Sweat starts come from my forehead, and I felt like crying.  The charity dinner that we had planned on being fun, had taken a turn for the worse.  Thoughts ran through my mind telling me that this situation could be fatal.

    Without hesitation, I grasped Janice’s hand, and turned around, ready to make an exit out of the hotel.  We ran through the doors we had just entered the hotel lobby from.  Once outside, we persisted on running further away from the hotel, as far as we could.

    When we had run two blocks away from the hotel we stopped, and looked back at it.  The hotel stood there in the hot Los Angeles sun.  All of a sudden there we heard a lot of gun fire, and people screaming.  The gunfire did not stop.  People inside of the hotel were being shot, and you could hear the people screaming from two blocks away.

    Janice looked at me.  She said we were lucky to be alive, and that I had been smart to make a run for it when I did, or else we could have been killed.  I assured her that I knew what she meant.

    After the gunfire had stopped, Janice and I watched as ten police cars, lights flashing, whizzed by, toward the hotel entrance.  Now people were starting to come out of the hotel.  When all of the policemen had made their way into the hotel, more gunfire erupted from inside of it. 

    Janice and I flagged down a taxi from where we stood on the street.  We were not going to go back to the hotel to get my car.  That would have to wait until after this mess. 

    When we got back to my house, we turned on the television to find out what had just happened.  The death count had totaled to thirty seven deaths, including four police officers, six hotel employees, and eight of the ten masked gunmen. 

    The next day I had Janice drive me over to the hotel so that I could pick up my car.  When I got to where the valet had parked my car I just stood there next it.  I took out my spare set of keys.  Wherever my keys from last night went, they can stay there.  I didn’t feel like talking to anyone inside of the hotel about where my keys were supposed to be.  A feeling of death loomed over the entire hotel property.  Something bad had happened, and it wasn’t my fault.  I took a few deep breaths while I stood there next to my car in the parking lot, trying to rid myself of the torment I felt.

THE END

© Copyright 2009 ryanski1 (ryanski1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570287-DINNER-WITH-SEAN-PENN