*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570653-The-grinch-welcome-the-new-year-with-you
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1570653
Save up your money, it might worth something someday
When the clock strikes twelve on December 31st, people all over the world cheer and wish each other a very Happy New Year. For some, this event is no more than a change of a calendar. For others, the New Year symbolizes the beginning of a better tomorrow..It is that time of the year again, where we all become a year older, where we sent hundreds if not thousands of sms to greet our friends and families a new year, where we embrace the new year with hopes and dreams of our last year’s hopes and dreams..yes, is the new year, a dawn of a new year, a beginning of new day…..yay…The first day of the Gregorian year..

Some of us are preparing a very long list of new year’s resolution while others tend to carry forward the old resolution dust off the dusts and cobwebs and try to avoid it entirely again in the new year so that they can repeat the same process, the same 1 day determination for next year..and there are those who don’t even bother with a new year resolution to start with or the saying that goes:”A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other” or perhaps this saying:” Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty”…the most popular goals on a new year resolution are as listed below in no particular order:

• Lose Weight
• Gain Weight
• Pay Off Debt/s
• Save Money
• Get a Better Job
• Get Fit
• Eat Right
• Get a Better Education
• Drink less Alcohol
• Quit Smoking
• Reduce Stress
• Take a Trip
• Volunteer to Help Others
• Be Less Grumpy

Recent research shows that while 52% of participants in a Resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals. Men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, a system where small measurable goals are used (lose a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends. Now there are more overweight people in world than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year's resolution…yay.. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions!

Plans were made in advance to avoid chaos, confusion and last minute plan on New Year’s Eve; places to go, people to meet, food to eat, alcohol to consume, hotel to stay, friends to meet, fireworks to see, money to spend and other rituals that people do on the New Year’s Eve day…..

The countdown has begun, the celebration shall take place, the places will be crowded, roads will be filled with angry and honking drivers, and the airwaves shall be filled with New Year’s wishes from the last year with the changing of the numeric number from 2008 to 2009.

Yes, I’m the ghost of new year eve, the ghost of new year’s past, the ghost of new year present and the ghost of new year future…yes I’m the Grinch of new year…and I shall bring unhappiness to everybody’s live. In the New Year’s Eve everybody smoked their last cigar, took their last drink and swore their last oath. And when New Year comes, everybody smoke cigars, took their drink and toast to a new year and let it begins all over again. Yes is a vicious circle, hence history repeats itself very often…Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits… New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.

New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right or at least frak it up!!!!
© Copyright 2009 aztech2099 (aztech2099 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570653-The-grinch-welcome-the-new-year-with-you