*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571715-prince-angel-and-dork-chapter-4
Rated: 13+ · Novella · LGBTQ+ · #1571715
when three different boys come together..wonders happen
JEREMY:
Monday morning. I hate Mondays. Nick and Adrian had gone home around six last night and I had done my homework. I forced myself out of bed and got dressed. Then I remembered something. Mike and I were supposed to fist fight in three weeks and I hadn’t gotten myself ready at all. Wait a minute; he said I could have two friends help me. Adrian and nick. Maybe I wasn’t so screwed after all. Then I though again. What if Adrian wouldn’t fight? Nick already said he would but Adrian didn’t know. A sick feeling formed inside my stomach and I could not eat. “What’s wrong Jeremy?” said my mom. “You haven’t touched your breakfast anything you want to talk about?” I couldn’t tell her. She would worry too much. Besides, as far as she knew I was happy and had lots of friends in school. I shook my head and picked up my bag to go out to the bus stop. Nick and Adrian were already there. “Good morning Jeremy!” said Adrian. I noticed he always wore white. Nothing more, just plain white. And I looked at nick who was listening to an IPod. I noticed he always wore dark colors. Like purple and black. It was almost funny seeing the two stands next to each other like oil and water. It was also almost funny that they were well, in love. The bus came and we got to school. “Ok kids, behave I’m going to copy some worksheets ill just be a second,” Said Mr. Samuel, our language arts teacher. Usually he was gone a good ten minutes when he said that. As soon as he left everyone got out of their seats and began to roam around and talk. “Hey nerd!” shouted mike from across the room. “Don’t forget I’m going to beat your face in three weeks.” I tried to think of something to say but could not. I was never good with defending myself. Everyone got quiet and nick piped up “yeah right jerk! You won’t lay a finger on him as long as I’m here! Got it smartass!” he screamed. I was awestruck. Mike was quiet for a moment then opened his mouth only to be closed again. Nick walked over to mikes desk and glared his dark brown eyes at him. “I said got it smartass.” Then, as If mike was scared to death, he nodded hastily and stared down at his worksheet. Nick smiled triumphantly and came over to me. “See, I said id look out for you. I never break a promise.” We both smiled and Mr. Samuels came back in. “nick, please return to your seat.” He said and with a sly smile he did as he was told.
NICK:
“How did you do that!” said Jeremy as we were on the bus home. “That was amazing no one has ever stood up to him. Ever.” I smiled. “Well, Jeremy, it’s not that hard really. You just got to be assertive. And it also helps if you’re a freak from hell.” I winked and turned on my IPod. Adrian laughed so I blushed. I was thinking maybe I would be able to tell him how I felt about him. Someday. When Adrian and I got home, I threw my bag in the corner by the door and went to the kitchen. “Want anything?” I said. “Nah, thanks for asking though.” He was always so polite. I sat at the table in the kitchen eating an apple when all of a sudden I heard a scream coming from the spare bedroom. Adrian’s room. I quickly ran to the room and opened the door. “What is it dude? You alright?” I said expecting something horrific or scary to pop out. Then he pointed to a small spider on the wall. “It’s a spider.” He said. I almost laughed, and then figured it would be quite rude. “Um, are you afraid of spiders Adrian?” I said trying to not sound surprised. “Well, yeah kind of. I know is really childish but…. I hate them. Can you bring it outside?” he said, fear in his voice. “Sure let me go get a magazine ill be right back.” I said. He was getting all worked up over a spider? I couldn’t believe it. “No wait!” shouted Adrian, “don’t kill it, just bring it outside. Its still a living thing and it deserves a life.” I could not believe this. “Adrian it’s a bug. Besides why are you so intent on not killing it?” he looked at me as if I was half crazy. “Nick, it deserves life just like me and you. Please, can you just go get a cup to put it in and bring it outside?” I sighed and went to get a cup. I came back in a moment with the glass and slowly pushed the tiny creature into it. I covered the lid with my hand and took it outside. “Ok Adrian you alright now?” I said. “Yeah thank you. I’m sorry I was such a burden.” He said. I shook my head so he knew it was fine and continued eating my apple. Then, I had a weird thought. Why was Adrian kicked out of heaven? Was it because he was afraid of spiders? I smiled, Of course not. I was so curious about it I went to ask. “Hey Adrian?” I said “um, this might seem awkward but, why were you kicked out of heaven?” he smiled and began to speak
ADRIAN:
“Well, I don’t even know myself but I do know it was because of imperfections.” I said. I knew I would hate discussing this but I felt it had to be done. “What kind of imperfections?” said nick. “Well, I’m not the most valiant person ever.” I started. “Also, I stutter a lot. And, you see this?” I said as I slowly slid off my shirt. It was awkward but I tried to ignore it. I smoothly let my wings disentangle. Nick’s face was agog by the enormity of my feathers. “See, right there?” I continued. “I have one black feather. It looks horrible among the white ones.” I flitted my wings so he could see the awful clashing of the colors. He looked hesitant, as if he was thinking of something to say but didn’t know if he should or not. “Um, can I touch your wings?” he finally breathed. I was not expecting that. I thought for a moment then smiled. “Yes, go ahead. I don’t mind.” He slowly reached his hand to my left wing and stoked it softly. I shivered. “Are you alright Adrian?” he said. I nodded and he caressed me wing once more. I closed my eyes. It felt so good to have someone do that. Suddenly without warning nick tickled the underside of my wing with his long fingers. I jumped and laughed loudly. “Hey!” I shouted nick laughed too and tickled my ribs. I curled up and fell onto the floor laughing. Nick quickly jumped to my side and began tickling me again. I laughed and laughed. ”hey! Stop it!” I shouted between my shrieks of laughter. I finally gave up and let him pin me on the ground. “What are you doing?” I said out of breath. He didn’t answer. He looked into my hazel eyes and said nothing. I could almost feel his eyes looking into my soul. It was quite gawky two boys sitting on the floor, one on top of the other staring into his eyes. I knew I should have felt weird and awkward, but if felt romantic and sort of sweet. Then it was all over. Nick came back from who knows where his mind was and he quickly stood up. “Um, I uh, sorry Adrian.” he said and quickly departed the room. Had I messed up? Why did he leave like that? I was perplexed by what had just happened. I got off the floor and sat on the bed. I sat there for quite a while not knowing what to do. Then, I began to cry. “Another imperfection.” I whispered to myself, “I’m emotional and I always mess up.” I stared at the ground for a while and began to whimper and cry once more. “I love you.” I whispered. Then I cried myself to sleep.
© Copyright 2009 nick shepard (yours-truly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571715-prince-angel-and-dork-chapter-4