*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571786-THE-BATTLE-FOR-MARKET-SHARE
Rated: E · Other · Internet/Web · #1571786
It appears that the expression browser wars is dead.
THE BATTLE FOR MARKET SHARE by Steven Raymer

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT MICROSOFT WAS GOING TO LOSE TO GOOGLE, MICROSOFT LAUNCHES BING

Quoting Wikipedia,"The browser wars are present and past competitions for dominance in the web browser marketplace. The term is used to denote two specific periods of time: the competition between market-dominating Netscape Navigator and its eventual defeat by Microsoft Internet Explorer during the late 1990s, and the competition from 2003 onwards between the dominating Internet Explorer and several other emerging browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and, since mid-2008, Google Chrome."

If you think about it for a moment, what do Google and Michael Jordan have in common? They both so dominated their respective fields, basketball and search,
that it almost became a little boring. A week after using Chrome, my immediate idea was to buy stock in Google. I had concluded that Chrome was so marvelous, it would gnaw away at Microsoft's browser market share. With the advent of the Bing launch, June 8, 2009, the whole picture changes. I think the concept browser wars might be dead. I am personally using Bing along side Google Search. I will be able to report more after a few hundred searches. As Google entered the browser market, Microsoft entered the search market. Interesting and obvious strategies.
© Copyright 2009 Stevenraymer (stevenraymer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571786-THE-BATTLE-FOR-MARKET-SHARE