*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572607-The-Angel-of-Death
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · War · #1572607
After being wounded in battle a soldier receives a second chance from an unknown woman.
The Angel of Death
697 words

         The sounds of the battle were all around. And here I laid bleeding to death. The blood still flowed. Every effort I tried to stop it failed. The battle was ending and at least I was able to die in peace. The sun was setting and then I heard the sound of brush snapping near by.  The sound drew near; then it was right next to me. I tilted my head and saw a young lady standing there wearing a silk dress. Her light blue eyes complemented her dark hair perfectly. As I stared, the only thought that came to my mind was that she’s an angel.

         Then she smiled, which scared. If I was able to run I would have. As she smiled she showed her true, self a vampire. The vampire then sat next to me and angled my head. I felt a sharp pain on my neck; an instant later it was gone. I took a peek at her and saw that her face was stained with my blood. I kept staring at her when everything became blurry and I blacked out. I wasn’t prepared for that. I thought she killed me.

         “Good you’re awake. My name is Cassandra. Now how do you feel?”
         “How do I feel? You killed me.”
         “I did, you are now a vampire and my partner. What’s your name?”
         “My Name is Joshua.”

I looked around the room and noticed a crest on the wall. The crest was strange it was of a fleur-de-lis dagger with a rose lying across it on a pillow. Cassandra smiled at me and pointed at the crest.

         “That is our clan’s crest. The dagger shows our craving for death, and the rose depicts our craving for love. You have now completed my personal
        crest. My rose is finally with me.”
         “Why did you choose me?”
         “I followed your unit around for awhile and you were the smartest and bravest of them all.”

After she explained the crest to me I continued to look around the room. I noticed a glass with a red liquid in it on a table. The smell of whatever was in the glass was wonderful. Cassandra stood up, walked over to the table and picked the glass up. She then handed it to me and told me to drink. The red liquid had a copper after-taste. Then it dawned on me what I just drank; it was blood.

         “Don’t look so disgusted. That blood was freely given by a dying soldier. He          wanted to be killed so he could join his wife in the afterlife. You see
        my clan is not like some other clans; we have a do not kill policy unless they have killed one          of us. Will you join me as my partner or a servant?”
         “I’ll gladly be your partner.”

Cassandra had a smirk on her face. She leaned in and kissed me. The kiss lasted until a knock on the door brought us out of our embrace. The door slowly opened and a girl walked in with a bouquet in her hands.

         “Mistress, I’m sorry to interrupt but this came for you from a General.”
         “Renee, I would like you to meet Joshua, my partner.”
         “Master, it is nice to meet you and please forgive me for the interruption.”
         “Don’t worry Renee. You’re forgiven.”
         “Thank you. I’ll pass the word that you two should not be interrupted except for an emergency.”

I was just about to tell her that it was unnecessary but she was gone. I turned back to Cassandra and saw her placing the bouquet into a vase. She turned and walked back over to me.

         “You are taking everything quite well. The sun will be rising soon. We better go to sleep.”

Cassandra pulled me to a large coffin. I froze when I saw it.

         “What’s the matter Joshua?”
         “I’m scared of closed in spaces.”
         “Don’t worry you’ll get used to it. Plus, I’ll be with you.”
         “I’ll get used to it I have all of eternity, don’t I? And I’ll have you to hold me.”

Cassandra smiled and pulled me into a deep kiss while she closed the coffin’s lid.
© Copyright 2009 Rev1780 (rev1780 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572607-The-Angel-of-Death